Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone used \"Gum Out\"?

I think my carbs are gummed. I was told to use "Gum Out". Has anyone tried this before or can anyone reccommend something that is proven?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Re: Anyone used \"Gum Out\"?

I buy carb cleaner at Auto Zone for 99 cents a can. Works great. I am sure" gum out" is a good product. BTW... watch where you spray this stuff as it is brutal on certain paints and plastics..

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I got the one that you add to your fuel tank. Any comments on that?

·
Registered
325 Posts

your bikes gonna smoke like a bitch for the next few tank fulls, seriously! but it will work, it'll decoke your valves while its at it. Something like proboost in your petrol occassionaly might be better to stop the whole gumming up process before it happens.

·
Registered
325 Posts

holy hell, another uk person! hi

not redex is it? i never got on with that stuff lol

·
Registered
2,250 Posts

I believe it would be smart to proportion the cleaner to your bike's tank capacity. Most of those cleaners are packaged to be used in 20 gallon tanks. I don't think it'll hurt, (I've used a whole bottle before), but why waste it. Instead maybe spread i out through a couple successive tankfulls. I don't believe you'll get any smoking this way if any at all.

GL
EDGE_

·
Registered
1,374 Posts

holy hell, another uk person! hi

not redex is it? i never got on with that stuff lol
Hey Alex

No, not Redex. i work at P&H Motorcycles and use the decent fuel system cleaners, the ones we use at major services. Great stuff, it's called MMP

·
Registered
325 Posts

might give that a go, only actual cleaner i ever used was redex and just a few capfulls resulted in smoke central. Wasnt just my bike either, oh well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts