Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if anybody had good/bad comments on the intuitive singarm sliders? you think they'll help?

should i buy the fat intuitive ones or should i just get normal spools?

·
Registered
390 Posts
They look more like pegs on my old day bmx. Now i can carry two passengers
But in all seriousness i was debating over the sliders or spools. so i'll sit back and watch for more feedback

·
Registered
711 Posts
I just ordered mine from Intuitive yesterday. I'm hoping I never have to find out if they wor (knock on wood).

·
Banned
19,349 Posts
They'll save you some small scratches if you go down, probably won't prevent any major damage. If you're going to get spools for a stand, go ahead and put the sliders on. They'll look cool, may possibly protect your bike and aren't that much more expensive.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
they saved my bike from a little damage but they only cost ~$40.00 Get the black colored ones so the chain fling off wont be seen.

·
The Shocker
5,211 Posts
The worked well....I grounded down both of mine in my May crash at Willow. they wont protect from getting bent, but they will keep them from getting all scratched up.
They work really well.
Intuitive has a phone number listed on the page.
Call it, and ask for Jeff. Tell him "Dustin from TrackDaZ" sent you

·
Registered
711 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by coyn586:
The worked well....I grounded down both of mine in my May crash at Willow. they wont protect from getting bent, but they will keep them from getting all scratched up.
They work really well.
Intuitive has a phone number listed on the page.
Call it, and ask for Jeff. Tell him "Dustin from TrackDaZ" sent you
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dustin, When are you guys going to do a track day at Laguna or Sears Point????

·
Registered
287 Posts
I got them and frame and bar sliders. I jerk did a U-turn in front of me at an intersection and I t-boned him. The bike fell on the left side and they kept any thing from scratching except the clutch lever at the very end. I love em, they work and since they are spools and work great with my stands they rock. Also they weigh less than or the same as most spools too.
I have them in black because of dirt and chain lube plus when you use stand the stand it will mark the white ones and not the black.

·
I <3 Item 9
13,426 Posts
When I crashed they BROKE RIGHT OFF!!! The welded spool thread cracked off when I went down... but the slider did grind it's way down so I guess it did something, but the back rim cracked in half anyways when it hit the wall...
They work great as stands though, but since I can't really put one on on the left side right now I'm not gonna bother with em for now...

·
Registered
435 Posts
I've got the intuitive ones, the good news is I don't know how they work. I do know I had to dermel them down a little to get my swing arm stand to fit. They are fat, but if something happened I'd be glad I had them.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I have them and did not have to grind them down or anything. They work with my Pitbull stand just fine. Whether they'll do anything in a crash, who knows, hopefully I'll never know.

·
Registered
17,099 Posts
i have them on my bike, they're supposed to protect the swingarm in case you go down. although swingarms usually don't take much damage....

·
Registered
154 Posts
Yeah, I've got them too... the swingarm usually doesn't take the brunt of anything, I'd look at frame/bar sliders for that. They look great and work REAL well with my pitbull stands. Better than spools, IMHO.

·
Registered
667 Posts
I have the IRP's on mine. From the looks of it, it'll only help if you go down on the left side. If you went down on the right, the exhaust will take the scratches. Other than that they're just regular spools.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts