Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
That’s Mister Chalet to you ....
8,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at one but it has an M4 shorty.

From experience, there's no way I can ride it that way. Here's my first one from back in 2011. Looked badass but way too loud for my taste.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

Attachments

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
10,396 Posts
How about this? I didn't look closely but it seemed decent. A search for 14310-41G10-H01 may find others. There used to always be a couple on ebay but they're now sixteen years old.

My first slip-on was by KR Tuned and I later changed to an R77. Both were slightly louder than OEM (no insert on either). But not by much. I've had a lingering impression that the KR Tuned gave better fuel mileage but have never taken the time to track that down for sure.

P.S. I've always wondered how that flat finish on the center body was obtained. Glass beading?

·
8,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What pisses me off is I just saw one recently on my local classifieds, also for $100. I do love the Yoshi too (with baffle) but unless the bike is sporting seriously badass mods, I tend to gravitate towards all-OEM. Not to say I might not jump on an R77 if the opportunity arises.

I'm curious which part of the center body you're referring to? I recall everything as glossy.

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
10,396 Posts
I'm talking about the "grey" section in the middle.

The sense that I get is that they started with polished metal, welded the mounting bracket to the middle of the inside, applied a mask to the outside for the label, and then beaded it (or whatever).

All that appears to have been done before the polished front and rear were welded on.

Hydrofluoric acid will etch titanium but that's dangerous stuff. Maybe there's something simpler.

R77's, particularly in carbon fiber, seem to be expensive or all torn up.

·
8,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ahh, now I see. Etching is voodoo to me. How they'd 'mask' the area with the logo / lettering (or etch around it so precisely) would be interesting to understand.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts