Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got off the phone with the dunlop rep. He recommended I go with the 190/60 for my 600 this year.

Anyone try this? Is this on the stock 5.5 wheel, or did the AMA guys do this while going to the 6.0 rear wheel?

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gixxerfever said:
I did and the thing is the shit!!! allows you to get on the gas sooner without wheel spin, offers more contact patch.
How much ride height did you have to change? Any clearance problems with the swing arm? Did you use a 5.5 wheel? Did your turn in suffer?

·
Premium Member
17,154 Posts
we added the same set up we would use for slicks, no clearance problems at all. we raised the rear by 4mm and we had no turn in issues... and yes i used the 5.5 rim.

·
Premium Member
17,154 Posts
davegsxrold929r said:
what an ass..

you lower the rear by 4-6mm because the tire is taller., and it fits the 5.5 rim fine.,
normally you would cause the tire is taller, but on my gsxr we had to add an extra because of turn in. on the R6 we lowered it by 4mm and had to move the wheel back to give more room upfront.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
davegsxrold929r said:
what an ass..

you lower the rear by 4-6mm because the tire is taller., and it fits the 5.5 rim fine.,
I also was stumped by Fever's reasoning

What compound did you guys run? Soft Front, +1 Rear?

I just got the 2005 Dunlop Tech sheet for the new tires "Sportmax GP" if anyone is interested...pm me.

·
Highly unstable
32,025 Posts
gixxerfever said:
davegsxrold929r said:
what an ass..

normally you would cause the tire is taller, but on my gsxr we had to add an extra because of turn in. on the R6 we lowered it by 4mm and had to move the wheel back to give more room upfront.
now you of all people should remember what max said.. if you have a turn in problem you lower the front not raise the rear..

·
Premium Member
17,154 Posts
bmfgsxr said:
gixxerfever said:
davegsxrold929r said:
what an ass..

now you of all people should remember what max said.. if you have a turn in problem you lower the front not raise the rear..
i had payed with front and liked the results i had gotten with the rear, my bike was set up radically and we all know how i like my bikes.... the faster turn in the better, when i dropped the front it felt as if the front wanted to tuck in

·
Premium Member
13,304 Posts
goodmatt78 said:
davegsxrold929r said:
what an ass..

I just got the 2005 Dunlop Tech sheet for the new tires "Sportmax GP" if anyone is interested...pm me.
not sure the compound., what ever they give us to run., and yes +1 ..

fever trying to save his ass., please., for any bike they tell you to drop the rear., the tire is taller., so your gsxr would have turned in faster., danm polok.....

·
Premium Member
17,154 Posts
davegsxrold929r said:
goodmatt78 said:
davegsxrold929r said:
what an ass..

not sure the compound., what ever they give us to run., and yes +1 ..

fever trying to save his ass., please., for any bike they tell you to drop the rear., the tire is taller., so your gsxr would have turned in faster., danm polok.....
yes but not turning fast enough...
what you'll notice in the gsxr since its a lazy turning bike to begin with, you have to do more adjustments than you would in an R6. Do you not remember me fucking with it at CTR? going back and forth from dunlop?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts