Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm setting up my K5 1k at present, and am considering running the whole R1 throttle assmbly with cables, because with the woodcraft bars one of the the stock cables hits the fairing over the air duct at full right steering lock. With the R1 setup the cables go over the top and are out of the way of the brebmo and lines as well. Will have to use a separate killlswitch and startbutton assembly.

Any comments/suggestions?

Thanks, miller.

·
Registered
466 Posts
It sounds like you are running your clip-ons lower than stock (you have a gap between the clip-on and the top clamp. My woodcrafts are set like stock up against the upper clamp and I still have clearance over the right intake cover. The only problem I was running to was that the throttle cables were coming in contact with the ignition assembly when full right so I just rerouted them under the clutch cable and now they slide below the ignition assembly and I have more than enough slack. I am also running the R1 throttle tube (R6 throttle tube didn't feel that much different) along with Woodcraft Clip-ons. Just a comment, good luck miller.

·
Registered
9,968 Posts
i have a Yamaha throttle tube, but not the entire assembly. The cable housing came in contact with my bodywork on the right side as well, same with Sticky7 (on here) and my buddy's race K5 as well.

I believe the Suzuki 600/750 cables route upwards, as opposed to the K5 which go down.

Just learn to deal with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts