Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,109 Posts
Why would anyone want to replace their testosterone? And what are they replacing it with? :scratch Estrogen?

Sounds like something that leads-up to one posting pics of themself online with their nipples showing :dissapointed
Turning your wang into a vag is only a fantasy. Let it go skid.

·
That’s Mister Chalet To You ....
7,742 Posts
I suppose I understand.

I recall being positively mortified in high school when it seemed that almost any time I was called by the teacher to write something on the chalkboard.... I of course had a boner. Was it my fault all the classrooms were full of high school girls?

These days (turned 50 this year), random, spontaneous wood isn't that much of a concern....... maybe that's a bad thing?

Hmmmmm..... this forum is indeed a useful source of info on occasion.

Turning your wang into a vag is only a fantasy. Let it go skid.
Dunno if I'd want a girl's petooty... DEFINITELY not boobies or I'd never get anything done.

·
IM THE BRONZE
1,336 Posts
HGH "therapy" would be a better option for healing/recovering after surgery. My ortho was amazed(more like shocked) at how quickly I healed after my surgery to repair a distal biceps rupture. I've had my share of surgeries over the years and GH 100% made a difference in recovery time as compared recovery without it.

HRT definitely works,I have a very close relationship with my Endocrinologist and the quality of life with proper hormone levels is considerably better than without ;)
It all depends on what insurance will cover. I know TRT can be covered, that shit ain't cheap.

P.S. don't tell Le Skid how to grow breasts or he'll be prancing around here like a 2$ Bar Girl. >:)

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
It all depends on what insurance will cover. I know TRT can be covered, that shit ain't cheap.

P.S. don't tell Le Skid how to grow breasts or he'll be prancing around here like a 2$ Bar Girl. >:)
It's expensive getting it through a legit doctor/pharmacy,been down that road before. Over the years a few of the insurance providers covered it and a few wouldn't which sucks because low T is a serious medical condition that has all sorts of bad repercussions if not addressed. Our insurance refuses to cover the cost 100%,but we can get reimbursed by a 3rd party which helps.
Millions of men suffer through it only because they simply don't know they have it. It's a shame,because synthetic testosterone has been around since the '50s and is so inexpensive to produce it's ridiculous.

T will help with healing your biceps,providing you consume enough protein to help it do it's thing,whereas GH will do it's thing regardless,even though good nutrition will amplify the process. But GH is exorbitantly more expensive which limits it's use by most folks.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Describe "Optimal Levels" cause according to the photo it seems as if their might be a little more floating around than optimal levels :banana . I'm just saying this judging off an estimation of FFMI. One of my buddies competes in NPC and always tries to get me to stray his direction. Lol maybe I will in a few years, still only 23.

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Describe "Optimal Levels" cause according to the photo it seems as if their might be a little more floating around than optimal levels :banana . I'm just saying this judging off an estimation of FFMI. One of my buddies competes in NPC and always tries to get me to stray his direction. Lol maybe I will in a few years, still only 23.
Optimal levels would be determined by end goals ;)

·
Chubby Chaser
57,804 Posts
Optimal is a huge grey area. The lab that did my last check-up had a "normal" range of 160-726 ng/dL for total test. I was pleasantly surprised to be sitting at 712 being a lifetime natural in my late 30's. So even though according to this lab 175 would be considered normal, its certainly ain't optimal.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Optimal is a huge grey area. The lab that did my last check-up had a "normal" range of 160-726 ng/dL for total test. I was pleasantly surprised to be sitting at 712 being a lifetime natural in my late 30's. So even though according to this lab 175 would be considered normal, its certainly ain't optimal.

I completely agree. I actually got tested in hopes I was low so I could get on TRT (only 23 but worth a shot), and I ended up sitting in the low 600s. Also, what’s high for one person could be low for someone else. If one person had in the high 600s for most of there 20s and dropped down to 350, that could be considered low to them but by a doctors standpoint it could still be normal even though it’s really not.

·
Chubby Chaser
57,804 Posts
Indeed, besides the fact that your free test numbers are a much better indicator of how you are ultimately going to feel. Your total test could be through the roof (relatively speaking) but if your SHBG is high and binding it all up dropping your free test numbers low then thats not going to be good either. My total test numbers are great, my free test is only OK.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Indeed, besides the fact that your free test numbers are a much better indicator of how you are ultimately going to feel. Your total test could be through the roof (relatively speaking) but if your SHBG is high and binding it all up dropping your free test numbers low then thats not going to be good either. My total test numbers are great, my free test is only OK.

My doctor never even give me my free test numbers.. damn military doctors. Now I want to go back and get tested again lol

·
Chubby Chaser
57,804 Posts
My doctor never even give me my free test numbers.. damn military doctors. Now I want to go back and get tested again lol
Be careful who you work with for TRT/HRT also. Most general practitioners aren't remotely knowledgeable about this area even though they are "doctors". When it comes to this kind of therapy you should do some research and find a reputable doctor that treats this stuff routinely and attacks it holistically. A lot of these docs just check your total test number and then throw test injections at it until it gets to a high normal range and they don't look at anything else.

The problem is that your hormones are all in a balancing act with one another. You have to figure out what they're all doing to get to the root of any underlying problems. If one is messed up its usually being caused by another, and if you start adding more of one you can end up screwing the levels of something else that needs to be controlled too.

When I get checked I get a full panel done that measures: Estrone, Estradiol, LH, FSH, Progesterone, Prolactin, free and total Test, SHBG, Androstenedione, DHEA-S, IGF-1, PSH, & thyroid hormones.

If you're interested in learning more about it I highly recommend watching this series on Youtube. This doctor out in Cali specializes in this stuff and works with alot of the pro BB'ers out there. He's got a Q&A series on Youtube that's very informative. Here's a link to the playlist of all the vids

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0RC5Mg69FHaUJ-b6D0RCps09TDo0qNZ0

·
Chubby Chaser
57,804 Posts
Yup, that's exactly the problem you described. Too many doctors would be inclined to simply treat the number without actually talking to you and figuring out whether there's any actual problem there that needs treating or not. Oh, your number is low, here take this......but I feel fine.....take it anyway, I get kickbacks from the pharma co. the more scripts I write for their shit. And the the topical creams or gels are the least favorable delivery method for test unless you are deathly afraid of teeny tiny needles since the topical route is a much less accurate dosage.

The other thing to consider is that there is a whole laundry list of things that you can do in your personal life to optimize your test/hormone levels before every going to the doc. In fact you SHOULD be doing all this stuff first and making sure its in order before looking into exogenous test supplementing. If you're not exercising, eating like shit, stress through the roof and not getting any sleep then of course your hormone levels are gonna be screwed. I made a list about this over on WERA, gonna copy and past it here :D

-Getting enough sleep

-Eating a clean diet, cutting out processed shit. Eat as much organic and non-GMO as you can

-Get as much food items as you can NOT packed in plastic. Try to rid your daily life of as much plastic as possible. That shit (even the ones labeled BPA free) leach all sorts of endocrine disrupting chemicals (xeno-estrogens) into your food and drink

-Lowering stress levels (cortisol levels rise with stress which lowers test)

-Cutting out booze (alcohol is both estrogenic and lowers test....especially beer manly as it may be marketed to chug lots of it, most of the jacked guys I know don't drink beer, its usually guys with "beer bellies". That's not by accident :D)

-Might sound redundant but making sure you're properly hydrated on a regular basis, dehydration lowers test and can increase cortisol

-Getting sufficient Vit D through either sun exposure or supplemental (and the US RDA is way too low, you can safely take 4000-6000IU's per day, that should get you to a good level if you're not frequently in the sun and/or during the winter months).

-Getting adequate zinc (don't take zinc around the same time as calcium, as its absorption is inhibited by it).

-Increasing activity level, especially heavy weight training (but not to excess as overtraining can have negative impact as well)

-Lowering bodyfat levels....more bodyfat = higher estrogen = lower test

-Boron supplementation has demonstrated ability to increase test (~10mg per day)

-D-Aspartic Acid has proven test increasing effects. Not enormous but measurable, I guess every bit helps. I avoid it because DAA is reportedly exitotoxic and when I tried it it made me feel like shit

-Stinging Nettle supposedly lowers SHBG and helps to increase free test

-If part of your low test issue is elevated estrogens (which happens with age in men naturally, but as estrogen rises too high it can drive down test) Indole-3 carbinole or Di-indole methane can help to naturally lower E levels. You can get it in supplement form or even better eat lots of cruciferous veggies like broccoli, kale, cabbage, etc.

-Make sure you're not EFA deficient, most people these days don't get enough Omega-3's.

-More than a few sources I've read suggest that gluten (even for people who are not allergic) can negatively impact test levels. Both from impairing nutrient absorption and gluten's propensity to cause inflammation. Lately I've been trying cutting out wheat and just sticking with rice/potato/oats for my carb sources.

-A bunch of those over the counter "test boosters" have Fenugreek as one of their primary components. I tend to avoid it because even though it can increase total test numbers a small amount, it does so by preventing test from converting into di-hydro testosterone (DHT)....which if you want to get the actual EFFECTS of test is the exact opposite of what you want to happen....unless you are balding and/or have prostate problems.

Just a few I can think of off to top of my head :D

·
Registered
122 Posts
Yup, that's exactly the problem you described. Too many doctors would be inclined to simply treat the number without actually talking to you and figuring out whether there's any actual problem there that needs treating or not. Oh, your number is low, here take this......but I feel fine.....take it anyway, I get kickbacks from the pharma co. the more scripts I write for their shit. And the the topical creams or gels are the least favorable delivery method for test unless you are deathly afraid of teeny tiny needles since the topical route is a much less accurate dosage.

The other thing to consider is that there is a whole laundry list of things that you can do in your personal life to optimize your test/hormone levels before every going to the doc. In fact you SHOULD be doing all this stuff first and making sure its in order before looking into exogenous test supplementing. If you're not exercising, eating like shit, stress through the roof and not getting any sleep then of course your hormone levels are gonna be screwed. I made a list about this over on WERA, gonna copy and past it here :D

-Getting enough sleep

-Eating a clean diet, cutting out processed shit. Eat as much organic and non-GMO as you can

-Get as much food items as you can NOT packed in plastic. Try to rid your daily life of as much plastic as possible. That shit (even the ones labeled BPA free) leach all sorts of endocrine disrupting chemicals (xeno-estrogens) into your food and drink

-Lowering stress levels (cortisol levels rise with stress which lowers test)

-Cutting out booze (alcohol is both estrogenic and lowers test....especially beer manly as it may be marketed to chug lots of it, most of the jacked guys I know don't drink beer, its usually guys with "beer bellies". That's not by accident :D)

-Might sound redundant but making sure you're properly hydrated on a regular basis, dehydration lowers test and can increase cortisol

-Getting sufficient Vit D through either sun exposure or supplemental (and the US RDA is way too low, you can safely take 4000-6000IU's per day, that should get you to a good level if you're not frequently in the sun and/or during the winter months).

-Getting adequate zinc (don't take zinc around the same time as calcium, as its absorption is inhibited by it).

-Increasing activity level, especially heavy weight training (but not to excess as overtraining can have negative impact as well)

-Lowering bodyfat levels....more bodyfat = higher estrogen = lower test

-Boron supplementation has demonstrated ability to increase test (~10mg per day)

-D-Aspartic Acid has proven test increasing effects. Not enormous but measurable, I guess every bit helps. I avoid it because DAA is reportedly exitotoxic and when I tried it it made me feel like shit

-Stinging Nettle supposedly lowers SHBG and helps to increase free test

-If part of your low test issue is elevated estrogens (which happens with age in men naturally, but as estrogen rises too high it can drive down test) Indole-3 carbinole or Di-indole methane can help to naturally lower E levels. You can get it in supplement form or even better eat lots of cruciferous veggies like broccoli, kale, cabbage, etc.

-Make sure you're not EFA deficient, most people these days don't get enough Omega-3's.

-More than a few sources I've read suggest that gluten (even for people who are not allergic) can negatively impact test levels. Both from impairing nutrient absorption and gluten's propensity to cause inflammation. Lately I've been trying cutting out wheat and just sticking with rice/potato/oats for my carb sources.

-A bunch of those over the counter "test boosters" have Fenugreek as one of their primary components. I tend to avoid it because even though it can increase total test numbers a small amount, it does so by preventing test from converting into di-hydro testosterone (DHT)....which if you want to get the actual EFFECTS of test is the exact opposite of what you want to happen....unless you are balding and/or have prostate problems.

Just a few I can think of off to top of my head :D

+1 This post is more informational than half the posts and blogs dedicated to raising test on the internet.

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
Who is the guy in the picture in the first post? Do you know what sort of steroid routine he was taking? HGH also?
He is douchebag, and has a bunch of slow ass bikes that he brags about.

:shifty

·
7,742 Posts

Man, it's too bad photobucket went flaky on us. There were a few choice shopped pics of him in there :biggin

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #38 (Edited)
Interesting thread guys.

Who is the guy in the picture in the first post? Do you know what sort of steroid routine he was taking? HGH also?
:twitch

Man, it's too bad photobucket went flaky on us. There were a few choice shopped pics of him in there :biggin
I have most of the pics that Grizz did of me from the old photochop-wars we had here. The one with the whipped cream is my fav :spit

Them's is fightin' words :piss

:lmao Back at ya

Attachments

·
Chubby Chaser
57,804 Posts
Excellent advice there SPL170dB.

Did you take an interest in your health due to your racing interests?
Ramped it up alot when my old man passed away, then again a bit more when I started racing.

If you are still racing, you may want to try B5 (500mg) and Choline, although the latter is not that important.

The difference it makes will blow you away. Have it a few hours before you race or practice.

For a long time I would just take a bunch of alot of stuff, now I gauge it by how my bloodwork looks. In addition to hormone levels I get a full micronutrient breakdown so I know where all my vitamin and mineral blood levels are at.

·
7,742 Posts
I was thinking of the ones I did. Brokeback mountain, Wham! etc... I had a lot of time on my hands back then, apparently :lol

21 - 40 of 41 Posts
About this Discussion
40 Replies
13 Participants
oldgixxer
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing