Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had an old post printed up....#738397-11/02/03....it covered "How to do it"....but my printer lopped off some of the words. Now I can't find it. More importantly...I have an already done 2003 1000 set of throttle bodies. The 2nd butterflies are removed as are the electronics associated with it. It came off a roadrace bike with a Yosh ECM. I need info on what wires to pull or ??? so I can run this TB setup on my 2001 1000 and not throw an FI light. I actually don't mind the light, but need to have it run properly with these TBs on. I know I can leave the secondary motor plugged in-hanging to trick the ECM into thinking it's still controlling it...but what about the 2 TPSs? One obviously will have to tell the ECM my throtle actions, which is relocated as it should be, but what of the 2nd one? Is there a way to wire it into the primary one to tell the ECM it's working? I can swap out my injectors and 01 TPS if needed....but I know the 03 TBs were better. Any correct/proven info is greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance
Eric
Reaction Time Racing

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
That post is still there: Removing STV (Secondary Throttle Valve) on a 03/k3

I am confused, what exactly has been relocated?

You will need to put back the STV motor and the STV sensor if you want to get rid of the FI light.
You need the right connector or rod end to connect the motor and sensor together then you need to
adjust it. The motor moves the sensor through it's resistance range and that is how the ECM knows it's
okay and doesn't raise an error code.
If you don't care about the STVs FI light (as it doesn't affect the fuelling anyway) then all you need to
do is connect up the TPS to your wiring harness and adjust it using the dealer mode switch = -C00

I think you will find the k3 injectors have different connectors.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
the hardest part is tricking the motor with the dummy rod... if i were you i would cut the rod 1/4 inch longer then where stam had it marked this will make it a bit easier to use the needle nose to put the rod in while the sensor is loaded with the spring in...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Anyone on the STV removal (secondary butterflies in the

Thanks for all the info...was having trouble locating the older post...used search but no go. Anyway...I was under the impression that a truly modded TB set used the secondary TV plates on the original primary shafts since they may be bigger. My bores are at a minimum sandrolled with light buffing as to imply recent machining. Doesn't matter. Your help shed light on the whole "bent nail" thing referrenced on the old post...I didn't quite understand what it was trying to say, but it all makes sense now. If the 03-04 TPS plugs are different, I'll just swap then out with my originals and reset with your guide. Thanks again!! Hope I can get a little extra pull in the quarter!!
Eric
Reaction Time Racing

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Anyone on the STV removal (secondary butterflies in the

One thing....why not just cut down the secondary shaft end that slips into the motor....just enough that epoxy can be put over the bore hole, yet hold the shaft so the motor and arm still function as normal? Without all the extra "riggin"? Just curious
Thanks again!!
Eric

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.