Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just stumbled across this in the HIDPlanet.com Forums, just one bi-xenon projector, hella ballast, and bulb for $180 bucks. You could just use the bulb and ballast and purchase the H7>D2S adapters they sell on the site for cheap and you'd be set as well, if you didn't want to retrofit the bi-xenon projector...

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To put the full projector in there, you'd have to do quite a bit of work. Take off your front end, take out the headlight. Take apart the headlamp and unbolt the stock projector. Throw in the bi-xenon (might need to dremel a bit to get it to fit right/use custom screws and a little ghetto engineering) and then slap it back together. Even if you don't use the bi-xenon projector, you could turn around and sell it and get the bulb and ballast and use an H7>D2S adapter and put it in the stock headlamp.

·
Premium Member
5,885 Posts
so do u recommend buyin that setup or goin w/ a d2s>h7 adaptor? does it make a difference....jsut tryin 2 go the easiest route but w/ quality...nuthin that will blow out on me any time soon.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, if you put in just the bulbs with the adapters and the ballasts, your beam will remain stock as far as cutoff, but will be MUCH brighter. The downside to this is that when you turn on your high beams, you won't see them. Seriously, the HID's are that bright! But with a bi-xenon, you will have HID high's as well. So it's a matter of if you like high beams or not. Personally, I do not have anything but stock projector and the output is amazing. The retrofit of the bi-xenon projector isn't required but will give you brilliant high's...

·
Premium Member
5,885 Posts
so inother words, u think i should pick up dat deal that u posted.....anything else i'll need for the project? besides a lil creative engineering......and some time that is....any info would be greatly appreciated.....thanx 4 all ur help by day way!

Jared

·
Registered
921 Posts
Avplayer said:
have no clue about thsi type of mod but it seems very interestin.....how hard would it be to accomplish ?

WHAT A n00b!!!!!

hahahahahahaha.

jk! funny to see how far you've come!

·
Registered
921 Posts
knocker said:
Linky no worky.
Not that I need it anyway.:D
CrMo4130....Long time no see, man. How you been?
dood check how far I brought it back from the dead
"05-08-2005, 04:32 AM "

·
Registered
921 Posts
knocker said:
:lol That was then. He knows enough now to join the family soooooon......He's just lazy to get his ass on it.:rolleyes :lol

xactly, got a kick out of it. He's still such a n00b-slacker, he needs to get going on his.

·
Premium Member
5,885 Posts
i still got the parts....:lol yea i've done some serious slackin off :sleep

BTW..i remeber when i posted that...i had seen ur (anotherbends)original thread on hidplanet :cheers

I think i might just motivate myslef to acuatlly do it this summer since i've done all the mods i've planned to already (woodcraft clip ons should be on by this weekend)

·
Registered
921 Posts
Avplayer said:
ye ai know...i said that last year too!

Dont make me, Anotherbend and mic come out there to the east coast and make sure you guys get your projects going!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.