Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the 05 gixxer 600, AND I literally feel it is a PERFECT bike, but the look of the new 06 and now 07 is just sweet, it is getting very tempting to pull the trigger, but i am holding off, need help...... dont let me pull the trigger.... they are just beautiful bikes.....:)

·
Banned
3,512 Posts
do what u want. either keep yours and get some use out of it or trade/sell it and get a newer one. either way their all nice bikes.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I love my '99, its a beatiful bike (well, till I wrecked it). But I"m with you, I took a look at those '06 or '07s, its hard to not just say F-it and go sign whatever papers they want you to hehe. But my uncle taught me a good lesson when buying, esspecially buying, a sportbike. Wait a few years, at least 3-4 before buying a bike (of a certain year) by then they have depreciated for most of what they will, but are still new enough that you can get plenty of parts and find some that havent been laid down, are low miles, etc etc. Personally, thats what I plan on doing, I'm looking at buying either an 06 or 07 when I turn 21 (3 years), car will be paid off, should be getting out of school, etc etc.

Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
I'm with you guys. Yes the new ones are great, but trading up after less than a year is a very poor financial decision. Do you really feel there is that much more value in the new one? I'm guessing you don't. So make decisions with your brain, not with your emotions. Because when you hop on your 05 and head out to ride, you won't care, because you're having too much fun, and that's the whole reason we ride these things.

BTW, as nice as the new bikes are, I still couldn't imagine letting go of my 97, even though I've owned an SRAD for almost 7 years now. It's still an amazing and very capable machine.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Most importantly, keep yourself happy. If you want a new bike, go for it.

Don't listen to any internet advice. Having said that, here's my advice......

I have the 2006 and love it. I have buddies with the 2005 and those are great bikes too. In fact I've seen GSXRs from many years including the 90's that look incredible. My plan is to run the wheels off my bike. I don't care how old it is, you can keep it looking good. I'm most impressed with somebody who has a 97 gixxer that is in better condition (mechanically and cosmetically) than a 2005 model.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I personally wish I went with the 750. Going to have to wait for a year or so, I dont want to take a beating in the resale.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
I'm glad I stuck with the 600 because the fucking payments were perfect and I could afford it with all my other bills. FIRST THINGS FIRST, make sure you have room in your budget for the bike, meaning repairs, maintenance, tires, insurance, bike payment, gas, gear, mods, etc.......

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
beck26 said:
it's just hard to get rid of a bike that you put lots of money into. w/the pipe, pwr commander, levers, powder coating, etc.
I agree with you, it kinda sucks to put all that work into something then get rid of it, ont he other hand, you are starting with a new blank slate.

At the very least, wait till you pay of your current bike, if you owe nothing on it and can afford it, hell, just cancel the insurance and registration and make it a track bike :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.