Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking into a trade for a 05 gsxr 750. The issue is it someone tryed to steal it and ruined the ignition switch. Anyone here have a part number or links? I’m not a big fan of cheap remakes I prefer good oem. Any help is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Just buy a complete set off eBay. I don't 5hink Suzuki will sell you one unless you have the title in your name.

·
Registered
GSX-R750
152 Posts
Wrong forum too, you want the 04-05 600/750 forum BTW. But yeah man ebay a used unit, or depending on how you plan to use the bike, could do a track style ignition delete and just do a switch.

Also though, attempted steals on bike sometimes damages other things, so if you get to see the bike in person, look for other damages to the wiring or upper triple clamp area. Mine has a damaged ignition but luckily it still works, just fiddly....

-Mike

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
10,740 Posts
+1 on wrong forum. Maybe the mods can move this.

The ignition switch is 37100-29G10. The issue with it is that the key that comes with it won't work on your seat lock or gas cap. So you're stuck needing two keys. There was a time when Suzuki sold the entire 37101-16861 lock set but not any more (the price effectively doubles). A good locksmith should be able to rekey the ignition switch lock to accept the old key, particularly if you have the old damaged switch. There are some on ebay but beware of aftermarket switches.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
+1 on wrong forum. Maybe the mods can move this.

The ignition switch is 37100-29G10. The issue with it is that the key that comes with it won't work on the seat lock or gas cap. So you're stuck needing two keys. There was a time when Suzuki sold the entire 37101-16861 lock set but not any more (the price effectively doubles). A good locksmith should be able to rekey the ignition switch lock to accept the old key, particularly if you have the old damaged switch. There are some on ebay but beware of aftermarket switches.
I think it's also possible (if not damaged by the theft) to put the old cilinder in a replacement housing
of course disassembly of the contactunit itself is not mentioned in the service manual, only removal and installation of the entire unit

1 - 6 of 6 Posts