1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
518 Posts
Go to ronayers and start checking part numbers, if they are the same, then the numbers will match up.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got one other comment about them being the same too so I pulled the trigger on a 04 600 set. Should be here in a few days. I did the ronayers thing a while back and some part numbers are the same, some are a bit different, I'm guessing that it's as much of a tracking thing as anything. We shall see. Thanks! (And for 75 bucks shipped for EVERYTHING it's definitely worth a shot vs buying parts)

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
yup, i think i paid 50 bucks for my 03 600 tranny, and she has about 35,000 miles on her.

The bitch is getting that tranny back in there =D luckily you can split the engine and toss her in. Took me and my friend about 3-4 hours from teardown to riding.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Motor is already split and waiting for it. Should be here monday at the latest. Woot!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Wow what deal.. I blew the trans in a 04 750 motor so I been looking for another one too.. Lowest Ive seen is like $200 tho.. Can I ask where you got yours from?

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea, ebay. I got one from a 04 600 for it. I was only looking at 750's as well and it was $$ but once I realized I could do a 600 it got way way cheaper. I stuck with 04/05 as I didn't want there to be any gearing changes and supposedly they updated em some in 04. I guess as long as you get both shafts so they mate up you can try for older but there are lots of 04-05's out there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yea, ebay. I got one from a 04 600 for it. I was only looking at 750's as well and it was $$ but once I realized I could do a 600 it got way way cheaper. I stuck with 04/05 as I didn't want there to be any gearing changes and supposedly they updated em some in 04. I guess as long as you get both shafts so they mate up you can try for older but there are lots of 04-05's out there.
I know this is old thread, but hoping you will still see this. Did the 600 tranny work for you? I have an 05 GSXR 750 that needs a tranny.
Thanks

·
Likes to race old junk.
2,403 Posts
I know this is old thread, but hoping you will still see this. Did the 600 tranny work for you? I have an 05 GSXR 750 that needs a tranny.
Thanks
The internal gear ratios are different between 600/750/1000 etc.
In the future, please start your own thread...OP hasn't been seen in a year.

·
Registered
16 Posts
There is an abundance of used transmissions for sale for relatively cheap for 600's but it's been much harder to find a 750 one for sale as a whole unit.

Looking here:
http://www.aperaceparts.com/tech/04gsxr600.html

vs

http://www.aperaceparts.com/tech/04gsxr750.html

it seems that the gear ratios are indeed the same other than the sprockets which is fine. Anyone know if they are actually the same or swapped them between bikes? :cheers
i THOUGHT JUST 600 1ST GEAR WAS DIFFERENT, AS FOR PULL OFF. Sorry caps

1 - 13 of 13 Posts