Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone install Power Commander on \'05 yet?

I did a search with no luck. If you have PCIII on your '05, were you happy with the results. I looked at the install instructions for the '05 and it looks like the new wiring harness connects directly to the lower set of injectors. Any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Re: Anyone install Power Commander on \'05 yet?

i have my pc but no exhaust yet so i am waiating for the time to install. it looks a little more complicated but not much. it has an "extra" step where you clamp into another wire. it looks the same plug and play with that exception.

·
Registered
312 Posts

I'm still waiting on my pc111usb K5 1K but I did install one (pc111usb) on my K4 600. Once you figure out how to get the plugs off the injectors (squeeze and pull) it's a peice of cake !
The wire tap is for the throttle position sensor. It's a great unit. Besides I just talked to Yosh R&D USA and the cube won't be ready until the end of the year. And you can use the same maps for both units. Good luck ! You'll like it !

·
Registered
131 Posts

I installed a PCIII USB on my K5 this past Sunday and will be getting it custom mapped this coming Saturday morn. More complicated than the installation on my K4 which had one connector and a ground wire. You do connect to the bottom injectors. There are four connectors (one per bottom injector), one wire tap to crimp to the pink wire coming off the TPS and connect the grey wire from the PC to the wire tap, and the ground wire. Not as complicated as it seems! I have a BMC race filter and M4 exhaust. Power Commander with revised stock map (which can be downloaded on Power Commander web site) makes noticeable difference especially with accelator pump feature set up and zero the closed throttle position. I also did 520 conversion which made a bigger difference than any other 1k I have done conversion on.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Thanks for all the responses, mine shows up next week. I have the TRS race slip-on and the BMC race airfilter. If you have any performance results (dyno or otherwise), please post them here.

·
Registered
9,968 Posts

You do connect to the bottom injectors. There are four connectors (one per bottom injector),
This sounds bothersome. This sounds as if they are only changing fueling for 1/2 the injectors

·
Registered
131 Posts

Not sure exactly why without researching, but both sets of injectors don't work continuously. Can't remember for sure, but second set comes in at a certain RPM (4000?) and probably under hard acceleration.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts

I think the 2nd injectors are there for heavily modified motors, what's that AMA guys name?

If you look at the two inputs, they are rpm and the delta of the TPS or the Rate of Change.
Thus these injectors will 'take over' (up to 80%) the fuelling from the main injectors the FEW
milliseconds that you might be twisting the throttle in anger.
So how fast does your throttle grip accelerate? I guess Dynjet didn't think it was worth the effort,
besides they already have a 'Accelerator pump' feature.
If you are holding the throttle steady at 100% opening this a delta of 0.
Having a second injector is better though as both are sized for their individual jobs.
Plus the second one is higher and 'out there' in the air stream.
MrMW mentioned that the engine fuelling requirement was acceleration rate dependant,
meaning the acceleration of the whole bike not the acceleration of the throttle...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.