1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
I killed Biggie and Tupac
6,053 Posts
I still race an 07 750 that should count :dunno

·
Ditchard the High Maintenance Squirrel
60,366 Posts
Suzuki cut the contingency a pretty good bit for this past year ('09), so i imagine it will be cut more for '10...if it is there at all.

But since there aren't any 2010's coming, IMO the '08's should still be contingency eligible. :dunno

Obviously that doesn't do anything for the 06/07's though.

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Suzuki cut the contingency a pretty good bit for this past year ('09), so i imagine it will be cut more for '10...if it is there at all.

But since there aren't any 2010's coming, IMO the '08's should still be contingency eligible. :dunno

Obviously that doesn't do anything for the 06/07's though.
Nope but if they do have anything, all my parts can be thrown on that unchanged 2010 or 2009

750s dont really count cause B class or any other 750 classes are just gixxer cups unless you have a 600 racing against you.

I really think that the gixxers are one of the slower (motored) bikes out there and that the R6 is pretty much the package as of late.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I am planing on doing the "GSXR Cup" here in poland and slovakia republik.:punk
First time with bazzaz tc and zafm.Also new suspension(front ,back and steering damper)And I love my new Bremco MC(I didn't know there is such a diffrence comparing to stock)Merry Christmas :cheers

·
60,366 Posts
Nope but if they do have anything, all my parts can be thrown on that unchanged 2010 or 2009

750s dont really count cause B class or any other 750 classes are just gixxer cups unless you have a 600 racing against you.

I really think that the gixxers are one of the slower (motored) bikes out there and that the R6 is pretty much the package as of late.
What org are you talking about? WERA has B/750 classes at every event (regional and national), not just the Suzuki cup. I don't understand what you mean.

Actually, the R6 is down on power. The "package" as of late is the new ZX6R. They have always had one of (if not the best) chassis, been very stable and had good brakes...just down on power and kinda heavy. But the '09's are 22lbs lighter and make more HP than any other 600 on the market...by a pretty good bit. Most tests show the ZX6R making 6-10HP more than the R6.

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The main 4 manufacturers are usually updated and have a healthy competition whereas the 750 or B classes just usually have other gsxr 750s to really contend with. I really think that the gsxr is down on power and usually the R6 has been the motor to beat. Yes the supersport kawi was definitely the motor to beat, but some couldnt get used to that front end. I think the R6 is still the package to beat...but I personally would rather pick up a used kawi...
Sucky think about those kawis is the shitty resale value...I dont go by magazine tests but how much power we are getting on the supersport builds on the dyno, and on track.

·
60,366 Posts
Ahhh, i gotcha now. Yeah the B classes are all 750's or 600's. That is why a 750 (which handles like a 600) actually has an advantage in the B classes, because of all the 600's :D.

The grids were full of Kawi's this year, not only because of how good they are, but also because of the contingency.

But i agree, R6's are probably still the best track weapon after suspension and a SS build.

I would give my left nut for Yamaha to come out with an R8 :D (R6ish bike with an 800cc engine). That would be the perfect bike.

·
Registered
150 Posts
The wife got me a weekend with the penguin racing school in homestead for christmas in february. I will be rocking the rebuilt 06 gixxer 600. I hope i have everything back together by then.

·
Registered
150 Posts
First time with bazzaz tc and zafm.Also new suspension(front ,back and steering damper)And I love my new Bremco MC(I didn't know there is such a diffrence comparing to stock)Merry Christmas :cheers
Haa haa small world im the guy who bought your PC3 of of ebay. Here is what its going in.
:punk

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hello Mr Pelich can you get in contact with me. It seems as though there has been a problem with ebay regarding the power commander. If it was shipped when we last emailed please give me tracking numbers. I would like to keep ebay out of this. If there was a problem just let me know and we can work something out. Im waiting a week to resolve. Lets just work this out ourselves.
Thanks
John

·
Im not missing Happy Pony
259 Posts
Ill be doing the 2010 season on an 07 gixxer 600 ...with AFM ...... im also debating jumping on a 09 gixxer ...
I really liked the difference in years ... I was doing the k.Schwantz school and they gave us 08's ...... big difference from the 07's

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hello Mr Pelich can you get in contact with me. It seems as though there has been a problem with ebay regarding the power commander. If it was shipped when we last emailed please give me tracking numbers. I would like to keep ebay out of this. If there was a problem just let me know and we can work something out. Im waiting a week to resolve. Lets just work this out ourselves.
Thanks
John
Got the unit today. Dont know what the problem was with ebay, but all is good.
Thanks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts