Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Of course I didn't realize that the clutch is connected to that switch assembly and you cant start the bike if it is disconnected until after I disconnected it. Has anyone here removed that left side switch assembly? Is it a bad idea? How do I get around the clutch thing?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
13,304 Posts
Don't do it.
For some reason it reverts the ecm to a safety map 10hp lower then stock.

If you do cut it, put an on/off switch in it's place.
true but only on the 05 and up 1000 and the 06 and up 600/750

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
I just cut the all but the clutch wires out of the harness down at the next connector. On the 06 it is just above the radiator. That way it is still hooked up with the OEM harness, and still in the heat shrink tubing, but all the other garbage is gone.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
I bypassed it on my 05 600, then cut the wire back at the ECM. This way the starter relay sees the circuit as closed and the ECU sees it as open.

·
Premium Member
3,056 Posts
I'm having the same problem. I disconected those wires not realizing that you can't start the bike without them. Unfortunately I seem to have lost the wires. Do I need to buy a new one? If so where would I get something like that?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
6 Participants
WJGSXR
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing