Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm posting again for my friend.. with the 97 600. here ya go, in his words:

one of the cylinders is miss-firing... i thought it would be plugs so i replaced them and the number 3 cylinder looked slightly bad... with new plugs same problem, this problem comes after dropping the bike... it starts fine and idles okay, but when you try to keep it at a steady rpm it hops and dips and you can hear the exhaust misfire... once it gets warm the sound gets better but then the bike just floods out and dies... it will restart when i crank the throttle but then soon dies again.. could it be a stuck float in the carb? or really i have no clue... help please.

thanks in advance for any help...

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
easy problem to fix. pull off the rear tail section..on the right side there is a carbon canister with lines running into it. pull off the lines and remember where they go, pull off the canister from the bike. the open holes in the canister..blow them out..just put light air presure or your lips and blow them out ...chances are fuel will spew from these holes...if any fuel comes out then your problem is resolved! if you have any questions u can e mail me or ill get u my # and u can call me and ill try and assist you with the problem. let me know the results either way.

Jay
[email protected]

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you for the help!! he'll probably try it either this afternoon or tomorrow. we'll let you know..

thanks again

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
could be grit in the float bowl of n# 3 carb , when it was dropped the grit could be fouling the jet or float .
drain out the carb via the drain screw at the bottom ( be sure to catch all fuel
)

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
im about 95% positive that the cure i gave u above will solve this problem.
what side did the bike get dropped on? if its the right side then im 99% positive that it will solve your problem. let me know

1 - 5 of 5 Posts