Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
yup sure do mine are yellow and i love them but you have to be very careful when you put them on no twisting or turning or u will mess up the logo on the inside. id buy them

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
I have the yellow ones too.... Good grips!

·
Registered
84 Posts
how long have you guys had your grips?? was thinking of getting a set, but saw a guys 1000 with those grips and they were faded out very badly. Just wanderin how much use you get out of them before that happens.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Girps fade with weather and use so there are alot of factors. However, I do have the yellow grips and there is a comfortable feel to them that you dont find very often. BY FAR they are better than the factory grips on a GSXR.
I give them

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
I have the blue ones, here's a pic. just put them on a week ago. I had to shave off the one tab on the end of the throttle side control because it ripped my grip in half when I tried to put it on. shaved that off with a dremel and the new one I bought slipped right on no problems. I also used contact lense cleaner.. works GREAT. better than grip glue.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
yep i have them too....i also screwed up my throttle side and had the graphic inlay ripped right out. Cut the lip and if you dont have contact solution, hairspray works great on getting the grips to slide on

·
Registered
17 Posts
A friend of mine has them on his '01 1000, i didn't like them. With gloves on they would be great, but when riding on hot days they would get slippery from palm sweat. I have the OEM grips on my '05 1000 and they seem to be better. I felt a little uneasy about 100mph wheelies whith my hands being slippery w/ sweat...........just my .02

Jimmy

·
Registered
621 Posts
yep i have them too....i also screwed up my throttle side and had the graphic inlay ripped right out. Cut the lip and if you dont have contact solution, hairspray works great on getting the grips to slide on
what exactly do you have to trim? i have these and am going to put them on the beginning of next week when i'm off of work and don't want to mess up the grips. i've seen a lot of people say that you may have to trim/cut the lip but i need to know EXACTLY what to do before i f*%k something up.

·
Registered
106 Posts
my grips will not stay in place they move on me all of the time forward and back the logo is never in the right spot when i'm done riding but i do have vortex clipons so maybe thats why.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts