Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone added an oil temperature gauge to their oil cooled bike?

If so, can I get the make & model # of the gauge? As well as what was involved. Do I need to make a new hole in the oil pan/cooler?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I've fitted an oil temp gauge to my B12... mine is a three-digit red LED unit from Intellitronix (now Nordskog)... a link to their website is:

http://www.nordskogperformance.com

...although it looks as though they're revamping their online catalog (I couldn't get the usual pages showing the gauges to come up).

On the Bandit there was plenty of room to drill/tap a 1/8NPT hole in the rear/center of the oil pan, so that the sender was a quarter-inch or so above the inside-bottom of the pan. This location gives the sender a lot of protection from stones/crap picked up and flung by the front tire.

Ed

·
Registered
763 Posts
Originally posted by gsxr1198:
Okay, their site is back up... I'm using:

http://www.nordskogperformance.com/m9008.html

...for the display, and their S8013 sending unit:

http://www.nordskogperformance.com/sending.html

...in the oil pan.

Ed

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">GSXR1198,

Have you found a way to use their tachometer and possibly their speedo with the bikes??? Also do ou have any pics of your bike witht ht etemp gauge on it????

Interested in seeng it if you do.

Thanks,

JDB1371

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Hi JD-

I run a Nordskog/Intellitronix a/f ratio gauge but haven't tried to rig up any of their other units yet.

No, don't have a pic... the gauge is just dropped into a hole on the LH side of the Bandit fairing; there's a flat horizontal section there that's just wide enough.

Ed

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
I have an oil temp gauge on my 750. No need to driil and tap, there are several prefitted holes in the block to mount it in.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I've got a Yosh oil temp gauge on my bike.(sorry, I don't think you can get from Yosh usa anymore, got mine when they were doing an online "close out")

Anyway, you can use the oil galley plugs (there are 2 on the front of the oil pan) Yosh instructions advised using the one on riders left..seems to work well...It's nice to have a temp gauge, especially in the warm climate I live in....

I have heard that daytona makes a good temp gauge that is available thru lockhart ..

Good luck!!

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Agreed, there are several places where you can thread a sending unit in without drilling... shouldn't be too hard to find 1/8NPT-to-metric adaptors in any size desired.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Originally posted by gsxr1198:
Hi JD-

I run a Nordskog/Intellitronix a/f ratio gauge but haven't tried to rig up any of their other units yet.

No, don't have a pic... the gauge is just dropped into a hole on the LH side of the Bandit fairing; there's a flat horizontal section there that's just wide enough.

Ed

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">GSXR1198,

Thanks for the info, I will wait on the guy or gal t call me back from their and se what they can tell me, trying to come up with something trick if possible...

You said you had to drill a hole in your oil pan for the oil temp gauge to work though???? You couldn't use the orginal oil nut hole with the ones give to you by them or you just drill a hole in your oil nut and put the sender unit through
that???

Sorry for all the questions, just curious...

Thanks,

JDB1371

1 - 9 of 9 Posts