Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.hardracing.com/FEKit.htm

expensive as fuck, but if it's NICE it's worth it to me.

anyone have it or know someone who have it? if so, please gimme a full review with a ton of pictures. i'll owe you

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
those sheet metal under the fender kits are god awful ugly

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
why? the license plate covers the metal up, it's just full size to (i assume) give rigidity to the license plate

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
anyone have it or know someone who have it? if so, please gimme a full review with a ton of pictures. i'll owe you
I gotta tell ya... I spent about 2 hours in the garage last weekend making a bracket for my lights/tag from so heavy duty sheet steel I cut out of the bottom of an old computer case. It looks a HELL of a lot better than that crap.... Just choose your sheet metal (heavy gauge is better, you want something to hold up... Cut a section out about the same size as the tag.... Ummm here.... (see pic below)... The top two holes are where it mounts to the undertail.. (in the stock holes), the "line" below is where you make a 90 degree bend. The three holes under that are for the stock tag light (don't use the big spacer on it, just the light by itself). The next holes below on either side are for the top holes in the tag. Bolt it on the plate there... The lines below that get cut in, and another 90 degree bend made there, (so they are perpendicular to the tag..) This is where the stock turn signals mount. With this brack, basically the tag light is RIGHT under the tail, the tag is RIGHT under the tag light, and the turn signals are mounted in a way that JUST the lenses show, not those long ugly stems... Paint the hole bracket black... It looks very clean and is a MAJOR improvement over the stock fender.... Total cost.... zero dollars....

·
Registered
351 Posts
wow, i bought 2 L brackets from home depot and no light. you dont need it with the taillight angled at the position it is. if youve got a k5, just buy L brackets... 2 bucks.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Looks like ass! The hotbodies one is way better. I wouldn't pay 114 for drilled sheet metal.

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
Ohh, here's a couple pics of what it looks like... And before any wise ass says it, NO, those aren't chicken strips!
It's just dust from my dirt driveway...

·
Registered
113 Posts
I made my own... I used a hinge replacing the big plate holder. The good thing is that the plate can be folded inside and cannot be read by anyone....

By the way.. it only cost me $3 HAHAHAHA

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
I bought that one from hardracing. I first had the plate mounted to the plastic tab in front of the rectifier but it was too low and I got pulled over by the cops. Then I got rs13's plate mount that moved it back to the stock location, but after a while I wanted end of the tail to look cleaner and less obtrusive, so the CW mount was the next choice to try, it's tucked down low, but still high enough to see from behind, plus it has a plate light. I took the metal plate that goes over the stock location and wrapped it in carbon fiber looking plastic. Other than that the only grip I have is the plate mount sits on top of the hugger and rocks and debris can collect in between the two and you have to loosen the mount and blow all the crap out with compressed air from time to time.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
SPL170db, thanks for the pics and info. i, too, went through the same process. mounting on plastic tab (getting pulled over too much) to buying rs13's mounting bracket which i didn't care for personal preference, to looking at this. where did you buy it from and how much did it cost ya? how is the build quality? i dont mind spending the dough as long as it's a superb product.

the roller idea is kinda awkward to me but maybe because i just haven't seen it before. does it work well? how about if you have passengers riding with you?

overall, worth the dough?

·
Registered
40 Posts

i have it on mine. the undertail piece and the license plate braket are quality but need painted. the light setup is garbage and i didn't install mine. definitely over priced but the mounting and location of the plate looks clean. i might get something else for a light but it's pretty visable and i haven't had any problems from the law YET!

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts

i have it on mine. the undertail piece and the license plate braket are quality but need painted. the light setup is garbage and i didn't install mine. definitely over priced but the mounting and location of the plate looks clean. i might get something else for a light but it's pretty visable and i haven't had any problems from the law YET!
Pretty much everything that was said here. The light is kind of lame, I may replace it with an LED later on down the road. Painting or powder coating it really is a wise idea because the bare stainless steel sticks out like a sore thumb. I just had that lamo adhesive back CF paper lying around, so I wrapped it all up in that. Other than that it seems to be a good product. I haven't ridden with a passenger yet so I can't say anything about that, I don't imagine it would cause any problems. If you notice in that 1st pic, I stuck a strip of clear Tankslapper material in between the roller and the unterail so any debris that get's kicked up from the rear wheel and sticks to the roller won't get scratched into the paint.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Here is how mine looks... Is not the best looking plate...Like I always say: Is a plate with Character...

Open:For daily riding

Closed:When passing a toll or when saying goodbye to the blue ligths...

·
Registered
232 Posts

Pretty much everything that was said here. The light is kind of lame, I may replace it with an LED later on down the road. Painting or powder coating it really is a wise idea because the bare stainless steel sticks out like a sore thumb. I just had that lamo adhesive back CF paper lying around, so I wrapped it all up in that. Other than that it seems to be a good product. I haven't ridden with a passenger yet so I can't say anything about that, I don't imagine it would cause any problems. If you notice in that 1st pic, I stuck a strip of clear Tankslapper material in between the roller and the unterail so any debris that get's kicked up from the rear wheel and sticks to the roller won't get scratched into the paint.
let me know if you need powder coating done bro.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i just talked to the competitionwerks guys and they said you could get an LED in the light part for $5 more. is that the only problem with the light part or was it assy in other ways? if so please explain

·
Registered
849 Posts
Re: anyone have info on this [expensive!] license plate brac

I have one on my bike. I don't understand why you would spend nearly 12 grand on a bike and 12 cents on a bracket. Nothing wrong with the light. It's legal! I don't like getting pulled over.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts