Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the sub's built already, but am having trouble with the body mounting onto the sub in a way so it doesn't flap around so much. The R1 and the 05 GSX-R thousand both have ben shortened so much, that there's nothing out back for the glass to sit on. If anyone was at the AMA races and has a pic or two of either bike with the glass of and the sub still on the bike, please post it , or send it to me [email protected] thanks in advance.

·
Registered
9,968 Posts
Here's a pic of the stock one: http://racing.webcrush.com/photo_booth.asp?name=05gsxr/subframe.jpg

I believe Yosh guys are the only ones running race subframes and they appeared to be CF units. It also appears that they bolt the bodywork to a custom bracket right around the section where the rubber stoppers are on the stock unit (as seen in pic)

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Adam, but I need a pic of where the bodywork is "mounting" I have a stocker I made a jig from, and it has the front mount holes, but as I stated above , I need to know where the rear portion of the bodywork is being "Mounted". Thanks anyways.

·
Registered
9,968 Posts
Like I said, they are mounting where the two rubber stoppers are on the stock subframe, right where seat foam could possible go.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah, the mounts are on the top of the tail if im not mistaken.. but not sure about the r1
Thats great, but I need a picture guy's. I can't really make a sub , and tell the guy that buy's it the mounting point should be on the top of the tail if I'm not mistaken . I do apreciate the input guy's , but I need a picture.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I think this is what your are talking about????
[image]http://
[/image]

[image]http://
[/image]

·
Registered
140 Posts
The mounting points are on the top near the back of the subframe, I made my tail to use these points, I think Sharkskinz did the same thing, I don't know about the rest of the bodwork companies.

·
Registered
9,968 Posts
Guy's he has a stocker subframe.

He's asking where the Yosh boys are mounting the bodywork with their RACE shorty subframes.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks AK 600 what make of bodywork is that ? I would like to keep the sub short , as I have already made some for the Coor's Light team here, but they are running a superbike tail with a foam cover for a seat, a little different from what I want to sell to joe public. I think I'm gunna try mounting to the two rubber bumpers behind the seat, and see how that works ?. Adam......got some measurements ? please.

·
Registered
9,968 Posts
sorry steve, bike is still in the trailer with bodywork on. the pic i posted above was from months ago when i was strippin the bike down for race prepping.

i can try to get to it this weekend, i'm swamped right now

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Anyone got a pic of a race sub 4 a 04 R1 or K5 gsx-r

thankyou SIR !

1 - 14 of 14 Posts