Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
That’s Mister Chalet To You ....
7,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Moto Kawasaki ZL900 Eliminator 1985 Antique Motocyclette | routières sportives | Ville de Québec | Kijiji

This was Kawi's answer to the Vmax way back when with the ninja 900 engine. I got to ride my buddy's back in the day and it was a beast. Long & low, it launches so easily like a bat out of hell.

Downfall: it has tiny tank so I think it only had like a 120 mile range iirc.

The ad says nothing about 'restored' - it just looks really new. Exhaust and seat even seem new-new looking.

I've seen these pop-up from time to time but I've never seen one that looks anywhere near as clean / original and low kms. Look at how clean the headlight cowl is, the shiny chrome airbox cover etc... :drool

That aluminum rear footpeg carrier doesn't look the slightest bit corroded but it hasn't been polished either :scratch Was it in an air conditioned room for the past 30 years?

With the current USD exchange rate, this would be $2238 for you 'murkins. Someone buy this before I get stupid and impulsive.

·
Super Moderator
14,983 Posts
Nice find. A guy in my old neighborhood had one in black when I was a kid. He eventually ended up with a VMax and we became riding buddies once I got older and licensed. My first and only ride on any power cruiser was on his VMax. His stealth black Eliminator however was my intro to the power cruiser segment and I'll always love that class of bike.

Those are almost impossible to find now in the states. Anyone who has one likely ain't gonna let it go.

·
7,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It would be fun to have a clean original one or a basket case to mod into a fairly serious 1/4 mile bike. They were 10 second bikes out of the box.

·
7,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice find. A guy in my old neighborhood had one in black when I was a kid. He eventually ended up with a VMax and we became riding buddies once I got older and licensed. My first and only ride on any power cruiser was on his VMax. His stealth black Eliminator however was my intro to the power cruiser segment and I'll always love that class of bike.

Those are almost impossible to find now in the states. Anyone who has one likely ain't gonna let it go.
Hmm, here's one right near you. Comes with extra engines / trannies so it's not likely all original.

1985 Kawasaki ZL900 Eliminator For Sale Orlando, Florida, United States | AutoMotoClassicSale.com

·
Super Moderator
14,983 Posts
Hmm, here's one right near you. Comes with extra engines / trannies so it's not likely all original.

1985 Kawasaki ZL900 Eliminator For Sale Orlando, Florida, United States | AutoMotoClassicSale.com

Yeah I sent the first link you posted over to my dad yesterday and we got to talking about the Eliminator a bit. As soon as he saw the link he called me. :lol He's big Kawi nut. :wacko

Anyway...he brought up a good point about having to find parts for them. I think the engine and tranny stuff would be fairly easy to find but what about the shaft drive system parts? Everything else besides the motor?

·
7,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep, it would be ideal to have a 'good' bike and pick up another intact one for spares. When I saw that one in Orlando, that's exactly what I thought: get the uber-clean, low km original one near me and one like the one down there with all its spares.

... or of course, there's always the "don't crash it" technique :lol

·
Super Moderator
14,983 Posts
get the uber-clean, low km original one near me and one like the one down there with all its spares.

... or of course, there's always the "don't crash it" technique :lol

And just like that we went from a $2300 investment to a $5000k investment and we can't even crash the bitch. :lol

·
7,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Even with track days, I've crashed once in the last 30 years ('97). I think if I bought a CRUISER, odds are I could keep it in one piece for the foreseeable future.

If I lived where you are (where the closest turn or curve is 1000+ miles away), I could probably expect to ride a lifetime without scratching a bike :fact

1 - 12 of 12 Posts