Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
I've seen that shit on the discovery channel. They dive out of an aluminum boat and wrestle that bitch to the surface. I don't know if that one was caught by hand or not but I've seen ones that big get caught that way. I guess those catfish down south commonly get that big.

·
Registered
12,388 Posts
*GIXXER600* said:
How did they keep it from flopping around? If it did... They would be in trouble

It's obviously dead. A live one would whip them into next week with one tail swipe.

·
Registered
457 Posts
http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/catfish.asp

The photograph is a real one, and the fish pictured may actually weigh close to 140 pounds, but the picture wasn't taken at Lake Texoma (and the fish shown isn't a blue catfish). It's a photograph taken out of context from a French web site devoted to catfish angling and circulated with a fictional explanation, created a mixed bag of "real photo, inaccurate description."

·
Premium Member
5,515 Posts
Going out and catching large catfish with your hands is called "hoggin". I don't think I could really get up enough nerve to do it. Should be on Fear Factor or something. You go out at night and feel around underwater near logs and under banks, and then if you find one you stick your hand/arm in its mouth and drag it to you. I've never seen one caught by hand this size, but probably half that size. I'd probably get a snapping turtle or a nest of water snakes.

·
Cock Thumb, or Thumb Cock? You decide.
31,593 Posts
Going out and catching large catfish with your hands is called "hoggin". I don't think I could really get up enough nerve to do it. Should be on Fear Factor or something. You go out at night and feel around underwater near logs and under banks, and then if you find one you stick your hand/arm in its mouth and drag it to you. I've never seen one caught by hand this size, but probably half that size. I'd probably get a snapping turtle or a nest of water snakes.
isnt it also called noodlin or hand grabbin or someshit,, i heard they set upt *traps* or baited boxes that the fish have a hard time getting out of when they go in head first. theyn the reach grab it by the mouth anddrag the fuckers out

·
Premium Member
5,515 Posts
isnt it also called noodlin or hand grabbin or someshit,, i heard they set upt *traps* or baited boxes that the fish have a hard time getting out of when they go in head first. theyn the reach grab it by the mouth anddrag the fuckers out
Yeah, "noodlin" is another word for it.

·
He Who Touches Himself
6,620 Posts
I'm from Louisiana and a guy across the street from me caught a 128lb catfish. When they get that big, the meat is no good.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Yeah thats true RookWV.. that fish isnt what you an american cat fish..its some kind of Europeane breed...the tail is very different it much like an eel...Very nasty fish..I wouldn't eat it..I Work for The Dept of Wildlife and the fisheries dept says its normal for these fish to get this size....just hard to find cause the stay in the murky bottoms..

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
GOOD LORD

1 - 19 of 19 Posts