Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Have you tried to put a large washer on both sides of the tab? Maybe.. i dont know.. I dont even bother with mine anymore.

John

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
If your frame is already pre-drilled and threaded for the bracket that comes on the 2000 model year then all you have to do is get the bracket from a dealer. I did this with my 97 and it stiffened them right up. The bracket bolts to the underside of the frame and underneath the ramair tube useing the same bolt that holds the tube to the plastic.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I can tell you what I did to fabricate some tabs, since mine were broken on my gixxer. You could do this same thing with smaller-thickness acrylic in order to reinforce the tabs.

I used 1/8" thick acrylic (plexiglass). I went to a glass shop, and they had scraps that were plenty big enough. They gave it to me. I cut a square of acrylic equal to the size needed for the tab. Then held the acrylic in place, and ran liquid Super Glue on it. I then put baking soda - a lot of baking soda, like a PILE of it - on the liquid Super Glue, all the while making sure that the acrylic was properly aligned. The baking soda instantly hardens the glue. I never had one of my fabbed tabs break off.

This can be used as a plastic weld, or to fill holes in plastic by taping one side of the plastic, pouring Super Glue into the hole, then piling on the baking soda.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts