Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

anyone ever shorten there exhaust ??

807 views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  boganz45 
#1 ·
I just bought a RS-3 CF slipon and the thing is long I am wanting to cut off about 2 inches. I was wondering if anyone has ever done this and maybe give me some advice .. thanks

#2 ·
People have discussed doing it to the stock ehaust can. You can cut it, however, unless you specifically engineer the cut can to have the correct amount of backpressure as the can originally had, you will probably decrease the power of your bike as well as potentially harm it. The new 05 1000s can have shortened YOSHIMURA cans MOTOGP style but those are specifically factory made by YOSHIMURA for the bike. I am sure it can be done, but I would advise against it. Also, how much you want for that seat you have lying around? Thanks, later,

#7 ·
Jmod, will $40 do? I got a guy from the WERA boards in Sterling Heights with a seat for me off an 04 750 used a few times but still in perfect condition for $30. My money is tight right now, I do not want to drive that far, and a non-used seat is more obviously desirable (worth the extra $10). If so, I can come pick it up anytime tomorrow. Let me know, thanks again (if you want to trade for some parts for the seat I can do that as well...I have a stock can and passenger footpegs), later,

#8 ·
There are a few companies that makes short cans like blueflame and the staryboys exhuast, twobrothers...............Usually only stunters cut there exhuast. I have done it/seen it doen many times with no negative results except it being ugly if you dont do a good job and you suck at riveting.

#10 ·
speaking of cutting down a stock can.. my friends and i jsut did that yesterday.. it looks sweet.. and sounds just as good as my devil pipe.. we cut it down and made a new internal cage and welded it into the old end cap.. and then packed it with FMF packing.. i will take some pis tomorrow and post them

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.