Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
That’s Mister Chalet To You ....
7,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The red circle in the pic suggests that Kawasaki S4 synthetic has never been mentioned on GDC.

In mtl, we have slim pickings for motorcycle oils compared to you guys.

But I was picking up some goodies at my dlr whan I saw this. $38/gallon is less than 1/2 what my second option was.

Anyone ever use Kawi brand synthetic? Any reason I shouldn't in my k6 1000?

·
Nazi Lustful Faggot - hot for Hermann Göring & Cai
3,250 Posts
Anyone ever use Kawi brand synthetic? Any reason I shouldn't in my k6 1000?
Your bike will turn green! :lol

There is no reason why you shouldn't use that oil. Just make sure it's certified under JASO MA or MA2 and that's all

P.S. To take a screenshot, press PrintScreen key, then open mspaint and press Ctrl-V

·
7,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your bike will turn green! :lol

There is no reason why you shouldn't use that oil. Just make sure it's certified under JASO MA or MA2 and that's all

P.S. To take a screenshot, press PrintScreen key, then open mspaint and press Ctrl-V
but I don't like green

on the back, it says:
JASO T903 and MA so it should be ok. I'm just new to synthetic and after reading about clutch-slipping, leaks etc... I thought it best to check.

lol, I take screenshots all the time but I wanted to also show the jug of oil.

·
7,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Forgot about this thread - if anyone ever searches for Kawasaki S4 synthetic on GDC, this should pop up.

results? had a great day on the track with no noises, clutch slipping or anything bad to report. I'll keep using it it's the cheapest I can find, around here anyway

and my bike didn't turn green

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
It is likely actually a re-packaged oil that is more familiar to us anyway. Most oils are. There are only like 8 or 10 (I could be off there, that is off the top of my head) actual oil manufacturers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts