Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WOW! this shit is hard! I have been physically fit most of my life, did some pretty heavy powerlifting from age 20-24(im 26 now). between getting married last year, full time job and full time student at the same time, ive let myself go a little in the past year. Anyway, just started P90X last week and it is by far the hardest exercise i have ever done!!! I'm working extremely hard at it and can only make it threw 3/4 of each workout, and im not doing half the reps those guys are doing. I can already feel the energy boost throughout the day along with allot of increased flexibility. Gained strength hasn't come yet but i'm sure that it will, im only a week in. Has anyone else done this workout program? Did you make it all the way through?

·
Tambouriner
6,000 Posts
I did it for about 5 weeks and built my way up to where I was finishing the DVD and completing all the exercises but I was losing too much weight so I went back to lifting for bulk. I struggle to gain weight though so I'm a little different than most. I agree, that shit is effing hard and I was in good shape when I started it. I couldn't even get 1/2 through plyo or legs and back when i started.

I still do yoga and core on my rest days, excellent workouts

You really want something that'll make you cry though...try insanity. It's, well, insane. http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/best_sellers/insanity.do?tnt=INS_CTP_B1

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I struggled to gain weight my whole life, untill i got married, then proceeded to gain 35 lbs since october of last year. funny how that works. no doubt this will shed this extra weight off though. Main thing i'm looking for is the flexibility again. I've seen that insanity workout on the t.v. They def. named it properly! Def. not a workout for someone trying to get back into shape.

·
Tambouriner
6,000 Posts
if you follow the diet plan and listen to tony (T-murder as I refer to him), you'll drop pounds real quick. You should see results in 3-4 weeks with the big gains in 9-10 weeks. My wife lost crazy weight on p90x :thumbup

Yoga is definitely my favorite disk on there, crazy how much you can sweat just by stretching

·
Birdman
24,676 Posts
My boy Joe lost 41 lbs. He followed the diet to a T and did everything (well the best he could). I really want to start but I am so outta shape I need to start at like P90a.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
My boy Joe lost 41 lbs. He followed the diet to a T and did everything (well the best he could). I really want to start but I am so outta shape I need to start at like P90a.
I'm with you Ed...f*** that. I'll just stick to my workouts and surf in the morning.

How nice....a p90x ad on this page right below the reply.:wacko

·
Premium Member
18,076 Posts
you wouldnt see the ad if u had a red r :p

·
Registered
76 Posts

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
I need to get back into shape myself. Ive heard a lot about p90x but i havent heard much about insanity. So, which one would be the better one to go with ?

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
if your not already in decent-pretty good shape, you wont even be able to do insanity. I would def. start with p90x!

·
Tambouriner
6,000 Posts
If you're looking to just start a workout program and are pretty out of shape, I would try p90x first. You're going to struggle for the first 3-4 weeks but they expect that to some degree. I wouldn't attempt Insanity unless you're already in decent shape and want to step it up If you can knock out the Plyometrics section of p90x, you're ready to try Insanity.

·
Funkyzeit mit Gavveth! Needs a stiff Ass Blasting.
12,430 Posts
I do one weight video and yoga every week. I've done the entire 90 days and its a great workout. I usually recommend people start running a few times a week before they start p90, its really not good for someone who is in bad shape. Not saying it cant be done, but the first couple of weeks are really going to hurt. My $.02

·
Premium Member
9,588 Posts
I've got insanity sitting on my counter at the house. Tara bought it thinking she could do it. She failed miserably. Of course I encouraged her that she could do it if she put her mind to it. I think I'm going to try it out so it's not a waste of money.

I haven't worked out in over a year, but I used to be a 5 day a weeker at the gym. It's going to kick my ass for sure, but I like pain, and being sore. I'll let you all know how it goes.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Insanity and P90X are both very hard workout programs regardless of prior fitness levels. Insanity is made for people that are used to cardio, circuits, and plyometric workouts from track, boxing, football drills, etc. P90X is more for weight lifters and such.

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Ok, So im gonna order p90x this friday. Ive been readin their forums and lookin at result pictures/videos on youtube, im so pumped to get this started.

Now i just need to know of some good supplements to use with it. Which ones are you guys usin ? Im lookin to burn fat and build muscle

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
IMO, if your your first goal is to burn fat, no supplements are needed. I dont believe p90x is a great workout if you plan to build allot of muscle. It is more for tone and cut, and fat burning of course. I plan on using p90x to burn fat, then switching over to a weightlifting routine like i used to do. You need a heavy protein regiment to build good muscle, but taking allot of protein would counteract you trying to loose weight with p90x.

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Yea true. Main goal is to lose weight then start building muscle later on.

I was reading on their forums about people using whey protein a couple times a day and the recovery formula after the workout.

How is the diet plan that comes with it ?

·
Registered
267 Posts
I almost completed the whole run of P90x but the last few weeks since I had to go to a wedding out of country. But in the start I honestly thought I was going to shit myself, puke and have a heart-attack all at the same time; although after a month or so you don't even notice it. Your body gets into the groove and you just do it without thinking, but by christ don't stop and think you can pick it up again I made that attempt and it kicked my ass. I followed the workout and diet and lost about 30lbs I was very impressed with it, although it is a very big commitment. Since its an hour everyday and the diet is quiet expensive since there is a lot of food going in you. One thing I do recommend is their after workout drink, normally these things taste like chalk shit but this one tastes like a orange creamsicle its deadly good and needed after the workouts.

Just give it time you will be doing the same rep's as them. To be honest that one workout with all the push up's when I started I think I did like maybe two of the versions they do for maybe 10 reps. At the end I could do every version they did and about 3-4 reps of 10, although one that I never was able to do was the one handed push up. That's one hard bastard..... :lol

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
About this Discussion
39 Replies
19 Participants
mezzio
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing