Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to register but you arnt allowed to join with a "anonymous" email account. All I have is a gmail account and a hotmail back up but those arnt allowed. What email did you guys use?

·
Registered
8,103 Posts
Yeah...that shit is annoying/stupid. I registered with my work account but may need to transfer it to my own domain. I just never bother to keep an smtp server configured properly to accept mail.

I'm probably red flagged by HR now at my work. I work in a university. :eek:hmy

·
Premium Member
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried to use my student email account but never got the email to complete my registration from ar15. I dont have any junk mail filters or anything either. Its the first time I have EVER run into this while registering for something. Its fucking stupid.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I tried to use my student email account but never got the email to complete my registration from ar15. I dont have any junk mail filters or anything either. Its the first time I have EVER run into this while registering for something. Its fucking stupid.
student e-mail, like .edu? the reply from ARFCOM is prob being blocked by a content filter on the server.

send the mods an e-mail and let them know you want to join as a PAYING member and see if they'll let you use a public domain account.

considering the forum, requiring a non-public domain e-mail is pretty smart...

·
Premium Member
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah a .edu address. Thing is I dont want to pay, I just want to be able to use the search function lol.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yeah a .edu address. Thing is I dont want to pay, I just want to be able to use the search function lol.
try this, use google and start all your searches with AR15.com,

i.e. "AR15.com Piston conversions"

you should get a "more results" link under the first hit/listing

·
Registered
8,103 Posts
try this, use google and start all your searches with AR15.com,

i.e. "AR15.com Piston conversions"

you should get a "more results" link under the first hit/listing

If you wanted to narrow the search further,you can use "site:" first. It will limit the search only to content originating from the domain listed....ignoring other domains that may have named the url as content. It can help narrow your search (if that's your intent). I.E. if you wanted to search for content "foo" on ar15.com and ONLY ar15 .com you'd do:

site:ar15.com foo

:thumbup

·
Registered
74 Posts
If you wanted to narrow the search further,you can use "site:" first. It will limit the search only to content originating from the domain listed....ignoring other domains that may have named the url as content. It can help narrow your search (if that's your intent). I.E. if you wanted to search for content "foo" on ar15.com and ONLY ar15 .com you'd do:

site:ar15.com foo

:thumbup
yea, what he ^ said. :biggrin

1 - 11 of 11 Posts