Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so i did alot of searching and many people tend to recommend the Rotella T6 5w-40 synthetic oil works great for our bikes.

However I have not heard or seen anything recent (2013) information or further updates.

Any further input or discoveries anyone made?

·
Chubby Chaser
57,816 Posts
Hey guys, so i did alot of searching and many people tend to recommend the Rotella T6 5w-40 synthetic oil works great for our bikes.

However I have not heard or seen anything recent (2013) information or further updates.

Any further input or discoveries anyone made?

Did something drastically change in 2013? Other than Obamacare, but I don't think that should effect how an oil works in your engine.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea i know it sounds stupid to you guys but I know oil brands change their additives chemicals etc... but i guess not lol.

·
Possibly infected with Ebola
3,216 Posts
Yea i know it sounds stupid to you guys but I know oil brands change their additives chemicals etc... but i guess not lol.
Use any oil within the guidelines stated in your manual. All are fine. /end thread

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2 Posts
I use this in my ninja 250 after reading on the respective forums how highly recommended it is for the bike - and it seems like these peeps know what they are talking about and that it is tried and true. I guess it says somewhere on the bottle that it is safe to use on wet clutches, but I'll have to verify that when I get home...lots of people do use this in they're bikes and recommend it. It seems that a few years back the base formula changed from a class III to a class IV but I don't see that being a problem.

·
Registered
112 Posts
pretty much any quality 15W 40 conventional, or 5W 40 synthetic oil will be a good option. Rotella T, Mobil Delvac, and Chevron Delo are all readily available at Walmart...

·
Banned
186 Posts
i use it in the past 4 bikes ive had which of course includes my current gsxr600. great stuff and for how good it is, the price is right. hell, you can even find it at target.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts