Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never raced with CCS before and it now looks like the wife would prefer me to do the Homestead race instead of Tally(convenience reasons)!

So I should be at Homestead!! I just need to know what the schedule of events for a CCS weekend is! I haven't been able to find it on the internet!

Thanks!

·
Here is your "R"
6,926 Posts
Re: Anybody know the schedule for Homestead on 25th and 26 t

Your driving from KY to Miami? Dam thats far lol whats that 14 hour drive for you?

Saturday: 7am gates open, youll need to register and tech your bike before running practise.

Sunday: 8am I think the gate opens, youll need to get your grit number from the posted board near the grand stand area bathrooms.

Its in Homestead FL just south of miami near US-1 you cant miss it and everyone knows the track there. A lot of the racers stay at the Travel lodge near dennys. I will be there on sunday race day look for me, AM 77 gsxr 750 Bright Orange bike rashed up on the side lol.

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I'm going to Melbourne this weekend then to Homestead next!
So the drive there shouldn't be toooo bad!!
Do they run it like WERA and do Solo 20's or so on Sat. and then
run the sprint classes on Sunday??

What races are they running Sat and Sun??
I might be able to only do one day!! and thats why I'm asking!!

Thanks for the help!!

Stefan

Blue SV hopefully can run my WERA # of 425
but if not I will probably be wearing my Cavalry hat!!
Or my Rangers Hat!

·
Here is your "R"
6,926 Posts

Ive never run WERA

But all day Saturdays is practise, basically just a track day. But you need to be teched before you run.

Sunday, you run one practise session early in the morning. Then the GT races, then the other races.

75 bucks for practise saturday
55 bucks per race you run on sunday

You could run your SV in GTL, Lightweight supersport, Lightweight superbike, Lightweight GP and a few other. But those are the most common races guys run.

I would run both days to really get the feel of Homestead, its a fast track thats hard on the brakes. Motels are only 43 bucks a night.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts