Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, I know the UK is technically also part of Europe......but you know what I mean!

Does anybody do track days in the European countries, apart from Spain ( too bleedin' far! )? I live in Germany and there are plenty of good tracks around. Track done so far, and in no particular order :-

Spa ( Eau Rouge in the wet! )
Hockenheim
Nuerburgring GP
Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Most
Brunn
Zolder
Assen
Sachsenring
Lausitzring
Anneau du Rhin

Anybody else here done any of those, or thinking about doing some?

Cheers
Rups

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
I've done Nogaro (South of France) a couple of times....excellent circuit.

Maybe looking at doing Nogaro and La Croix this year, along with the UK ones...

Dave

·
Registered
20 Posts
Magy Cours GP is awesome. Balls-out fast with some proper hairpins to check those brakes still work. Stay at the Holiday Inn within the circuit grounds.

Nogaro, nice, grippy, technical circuit. Dangerous - seen a couple of people go into the wall, but hospitals I am told are good. Apalling facilities. Local hotel opposite cicuit is a shabby, rip-off, known for its ability to give you food poisoning.

I prefer Spain. Surely you could fly down?

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
racy_girl said:
Magy Cours GP is awesome. Balls-out fast with some proper hairpins to check those brakes still work. Stay at the Holiday Inn within the circuit grounds.

Nogaro, nice, grippy, technical circuit. Dangerous - seen a couple of people go into the wall, but hospitals I am told are good. Apalling facilities. Local hotel opposite cicuit is a shabby, rip-off, known for its ability to give you food poisoning.

I prefer Spain. Surely you could fly down?
I've actually come off at Nogaro at the end of the back straight...interesting to say the least. I do not know how you can hit those walls, short of completely forgetting to brake or having brake failure? Please tell me more.

I agree with you on the hotel opposite the circuit, however, there is a really good one in the town centre that is cheap and their restaurant provide food that is simply stunning.

As regards circuit facilities, I have slept there everytime I have been down, and the showers are hot and water plentiful...restaurants are a 10 min walk away, and there is a racing academy behind the circuit who are more than capable, and willing, to help you put your bike back together in a very short time frame.

I do not know who you went down with racy_girl, but TrackTime Promotions have always proved to be good.

Dave

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've done Nogaro , I think 4 times now, I forget.
At the end of the back straight you have a fairly sharp right. Bugger - all run off , then tyre wall, then a wall. Saw someone come off there, flipped over the tyre wall, then the wall. He was okish. The little squirt as you come in to the lovely right on to the start finish, there is modest run-off, then just a big concrete wall. Saw 2 people take each other out there. One stayed on the bike & got his leg smashed against the wall. It was broken in several places. As I said the circuit staff are good & the hospital excellent.
Facilities, well I've obviously used to too many 4/5 star hotels in my old age! (They may have changed in the last 18 months). The toilets are gross! There is obviously a shortage of disinfectant and bog brushes. When it gets warm, the flies are attracted too. That aint good when you have to strip off just for a pee!

I've eaten well in town too to escape the food poisoning at the circuit hotel, even though I paid half board as part of my package.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I know you are looking for track people, but if anyone is in the Mannheim, Germany shoot me call. I looking for a track buddy and riding club. ALso anyone know of any dealer in Germany with good prices on 04 GSXR 1000. Looking to pay cash within a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I live in the UK and regularly go to the Nordschleife (Nurburgring) a couple of times a year. This year I'm hoping to be there in August and September.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts