Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody know of a shop across the border you can get parts and accessories from?

I order from Ron Ayers, OniedaSuzuki, and Indysuperbikes but shipping is ridiculous. and UPS charges crazy brokerage fees.

In in Toronto, so buffalo would be close to me. anybody know anywhere?

·
Yaah I know!
1,020 Posts
Open mail boxes etc. in Buffalo and have the stuff sent there then you just go and PU and cross the border

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
think a lot of places don't like sending to po boxes though.

good idea though. might check in on that.

·
Registered
14 Posts
There's a guy in the Group Buy section, Flatoutmotorcycle. He used to "help you" with shipping. Though as of late, I wouldn't jump to recommend him. A buddy of mine waited 6 weeks for a Shoei to arrive, and is currently waiting 5+ weeks for a set of SS lines.
Not sure what's up with him.

·
Yaah I know!
1,020 Posts
They will accept packages for you if you let them know agead of time they also will charge you an additional 2 or 3 $ for receiving a package and then storage for everyday that it sits there like a buck a day but you can allways make a deal with them prior

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
Force the dealers to ship the stuff via USPS, then the brokerage stays at $5 - $6 bucks and you only pay for normal postage. Yup, UPS take the cake for total morons/rip off artistes when it comes to cross border shipping.

I've used USPS/Canada Post VERY successfully with all my bike transactions. If you explain that you are willing to pay the higher costs for USPS and tell them how the UPS charges are, in total, most dealers will try to accomodate. If they won't, find another one. I was always able to.

Good luck!

·
Yaah I know!
1,020 Posts
yes that is true but you still will get hit with tax and duty. With the mail box you can usually bring it duty and tax free across the border without declaring it if they stop you have a fake invoice made up from a canadian dealer just say you had it before you came across

1 - 7 of 7 Posts