Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As anyone got in calls? BMF? Did they all make it down safe?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Here's a quick update after a 2 minute phone call with the Dilligaf boys . . . .

They left home Thursday evening and pulled up to the VIR gates at 1:30 AM Friday, but they would not let them into the track until the morning.
So they just had to sleep in the truck. (not too comfy or restful).
When the gates opened and they got in they met up with the others from up in the NE and the Wiz crew from Fla. Guess everyone made it there O.K.

Rained all morning, but cleared up just in time for the start of the 4 hour Enduro.
Out they went to grid up and had problems with the brakes, so back to the pits to get things fixed up . . . . 20 minutes later they get back on the track and start out 10 laps in the hole ! !
They made up some time over the next few hours and finished 3rd from last . .( not too bad seeing how far behind they got started ).
After sleeping in the truck last night and the wear-n-tear of the enduro I'm sure they will sleep well tonight.

And I hear that Wizo went down in practice and may have hurt his arm (hope not)
But I'm sure that the old guy will be fine 'cause he's tuff as a $2.00 steak.

Hope everything is O.K. there Wizo, remember you need both of those arms to show us your

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
What a bum deal...But they got some good track time!!! And the wizo will devour a $2.00 steak...

I got a email from LWC racing and Scott Harwood got into the .36's during the 4hr on the Kawi 6...He seemed pretty stoked because that track normally kicks his ASS...!!!

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
talked to wiz this afternoon at work and they finished the race on timmys R6
wiz went down in practice and was on the way to the hospital when i was talking to him. he said he thinks he broke his arm.
peanut took over wiz's place and they finished the race
wizard II finished the race too
thats all i got from a 2 minute phone call as he was on the way looking for the hospital.

will call tomorrow to check up on that old man

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hope wizo will be ok.

Scott got into the 36s? I thought him, you and Danny were in the 34s last year?

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Hope you're OK Wizman!! Heal up soon bro.

-Barb & Dan

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
i still cant get in touch with him
i am trying to find out what happened to a buddy of mine too as he wrecked and does not seem too good
aaron aronson #37
under "need a sponsor"

·
Registered
6,418 Posts
im home and well thanks for your concern. i have a broken arm its going to take surgury to fix it plates. screws bla bla bla

i ran out of talent in turn 7 an high sided.

·
Registered
9,968 Posts
im home and well thanks for your concern. i have a broken arm its going to take surgury to fix it plates. screws bla bla bla

·
Registered
6,418 Posts
they did great

wiza race came in 5th hwsbk

wiz race 2 12th mwsspt

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Sucks man. At least it's nothing life threatening. You'll be back riding in no time.

You have to have some before you can run out mister!

·
Registered
9,334 Posts
here's the short skinny.

yep, during fridya endurance Wiz hit the ejector handle out of turn 7 and punched out. nasty break in the bones but dude would not leave the endurance pits "theres fuckin business to be done muthafuckaz".

so we got TImmy's bike for the HW endurance, did really well. RAN THE MAGIC FRONT TIRE ALL 4 HOURS. didnt change a rear.

the gix600 team did well, everyone ran great, sixx ran off-track once but no crashy.

friday night, mexican food so we couold get fever his homeland taste, more rain friday night.

saturday, well I got one hot lap and my friggin motor blew up. Chunked a piston and gouged a cylinder out really good. couldnt find a spare in the paddock, weekend over for me. oh well, at least it didnt lock up and pitch me off.

(insert 2 stroke bashing shit here, everyone can still smokemybigfatcock)

Well, that sucked. Onto the racing!

Timmy, as usual, was friggin flying. He won C SB on saturday, took a 3rd in another race, ran a best time of 1:32.28 ? No one crashed saturday, which was good.

Fever was in a butt pack of bikes like every race, it was insane how big the grids for all races were. red flags all the time!

Lobster and Dave were battling like hell, and I mean battling. Lobster slams the door shut like Dave was trying to take his first born child!!!!! cant wait to see the video again (dave send em to me!)

I'm not sure how Sixx did on saturday, him and Danny and Chip were in like 65 bike grids each race, it was nasty.

for the record, Justin DID NOT CRASH the whole weekend !!!

I left after race 3 on sunday, but heard that there was a motor that blew up coming down the roller coaster and oiled it everywhere. Fever fell down at like 10 mph, and Dave took a tumble too just behind him as Fever was picking up his pile (and fever's bike is definitely a pile of shit, its friggin ghetto rigged).

Timmy took 2nd in the 750 Superbike nat'l race. I dont know if he dipped into the 31's - but he has a new set of magic tires and thats all that matters now

sunday morning Fever got Sixx to buy a new set of DUNLOPS..... during the day sixx immediately dropped a full 2 seconds off his lap times, ran a high 37 !!! take those pirellis and ditch em, Mike

dunno how Chip did, but who cares he has the most whip ass pit bike / parking lot racer ever.

me, i've got to get both my cylinders fixed, going to get fixed/new heads also, have to split the cases and clean out the crank just in case metal crap got down in there, and i wanna get a new radiator also. so i dunno if next month i'll be able to race at VIR but i will come anyways even if i dont have a motor together

·
Registered
8,756 Posts
dunno how Chip did, but who cares he has the most whip ass pit bike / parking lot racer ever.
12th, 14th, 28th, and 34th.....all from the back of the last wave. Ran a best time of a 1:39.5 on the boat anchor and overall had a great weekend.

4 wave 65 grids are a lot of fun because you get to pass 25 guys in 6 laps, but they suck for finishing position.

It was grat meeting everybody and I wish we could have hung out more, but that is cycle jam.

P.S. - The pit bike can be yours, I have two more sitting on my show room floor....

·
Premium Member
26,775 Posts
P.S. - The pit bike can be yours, I have two more sitting on my show room floor....
pics????

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
wizo keeps hittin the E button and we'll have to get him a CHUTE...!!! Glad to her you are ok !!!
So who's gonna have more hardware, you or steve?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts