Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
US 14 / EUR 47 feet, I can't comfortably shift. I know you can raise it up/down and I have it set to ideal position which I did when inverting the shifter.

Since it's in reverse shift (gp shift, race shift, whatever) it's making my downshifts awkward and slow and riding just isn't fun in the twisties (can't believe I'm saying these words) because of it.

On my previous bike, an R3, I used vortex rearsets both to get a better body position and to get the clearance my feet need.

But those are really expensive, I'm happy with the body position, I don't want to fork out hundreds of dollars just to move the toe shift lever forward. I'm hoping someone has better (cheaper) solutions that haven't occurred to me.

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
Rear-set, would be your only option.
The Gear Shift Lever, is a set length as the whole gear change relies on this exact movement to advance to the next gear.
May have problems gear shifting cleanly, with longer / shorter, lever
Search, Adjustable Gear shift Lever.

·
Registered
4 Posts
US 14 / EUR 47 feet, I can't comfortably shift. I know you can raise it up/down and I have it set to ideal position which I did when inverting the shifter.

Since it's in reverse shift (gp shift, race shift, whatever) it's making my downshifts awkward and slow and riding just isn't fun in the twisties (can't believe I'm saying these words) because of it.

On my previous bike, an R3, I used vortex rearsets both to get a better body position and to get the clearance my feet need.

But those are really expensive, I'm happy with the body position, I don't want to fork out hundreds of dollars just to move the toe shift lever forward. I'm hoping someone has better (cheaper) solutions that haven't occurred to me.
I took my stock shift on my 05 750 Gixxer and rotated so that it's the opposite. Pull up to down shift and press down to shift 1st through 6th. No more lifting up to shift 1st through 6th

·
Registered
4 Posts
I took my stock shift on my 05 750 Gixxer and rotated so that it's the opposite. Pull up to down shift and press down to shift 1st through 6th. No more lifting up to shift 1st through 6th
It made shifting lot easier and faster. I can't afford a quick shift or air shift. But I promise you it made it easier to shift and now I can shift faster which makes it a little faster cause you don't have to lift. You just stomp it

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK folks, no one likes to come here from Google and find no answer to their question so it's exactly like people are saying; aftermarket rear sets are necessary but there's just one problem; Vortex never made their updated model for this bike and the earlier model is nowhere near as adjustable. I don't see options that match the later model's level of adjust-ability when it comes specifically to longer feet.

The solution in the end was to install vortex foot pegs but not the toe shift lever. The OEM toe shift lever is farther forward and the Vortex one offers no other advantage in this scenario. The vortex foot pegs requires removing part of the fairing which would be super ugly to go as low as possible and this is the only way to get it any lower than OEM was - but who the heck buys rear sets to make them lower? I want an aggressive position so I made it even more aggressive by moving them up but also all the way back.

Now I have a lot more room for my foot to get under the lever without a really awkward sometimes painful angle and an even more aggressive position. Heck yeah.

It made shifting lot easier and faster. I can't afford a quick shift or air shift. But I promise you it made it easier to shift and now I can shift faster which makes it a little faster cause you don't have to lift. You just stomp it
I bought the bike, took it straight to my brother in law's place nearby and this was the first thing I did followed by a full suspension setup then rode it 1600km home. Thoroughly yes this is the way to go, however it just means the problem is with downshifting (which it already was in my case) instead of upshifting.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts