Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,133 Posts
Personally I'd rather go with a slightly older SV650. The Gladius is a dumbed down version of that with a heavier steel frame instead of the aluminium SV frame and even cheaper chassis components.

·
Unstable SuperMod
21,904 Posts
Personally I'd rather go with a slightly older SV650. The Gladius is a dumbed down version of that with a heavier steel frame instead of the aluminium SV frame and even cheaper chassis components.
+1 :thumbup

·
Super Moderator
15,111 Posts
They're pretty easy to work on too. My cousin's wife has an SV and I would maintain it for her when I lived up north. Can't go wrong with them. They make great race/track bikes too.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Being an SV owner, I cannot say enough how WONDERFUL these things are. the 650 or 1000. both are awesome. easy to work on, great chassis, nimble as all get out, it's just an all around outstanding platform and amazing performer for the money.

·
----------------
1,768 Posts
Being an SV owner, I cannot say enough how WONDERFUL these things are. the 650 or 1000. both are awesome. easy to work on, great chassis, nimble as all get out, it's just an all around outstanding platform and amazing performer for the money.
I picked up an SV650 not too long ago, haven't rode it much yet but my initial impression is it will be a fun versatile bike as so many others on here have said.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I picked up an SV650 not too long ago, haven't rode it much yet but my initial impression is it will be a fun versatile bike as so many others on here have said.
My wife hasn't ridden it that much, but it goes well and the handling is pretty decent considering how old a bike it is now.

My main dislike is the engine, it's a bit viby and runs out of revs too early so you don't get that "woosh" feeling you get on a sporty bike. But it's more than fast enough for her as she doesn't ride much :grin2:

·
----------------
1,768 Posts
My wife hasn't ridden it that much, but it goes well and the handling is pretty decent considering how old a bike it is now.

My main dislike is the engine, it's a bit viby and runs out of revs too early so you don't get that "woosh" feeling you get on a sporty bike. But it's more than fast enough for her as she doesn't ride much :grin2:
I hear ya, I think it has plenty of power for tooling around on the streets - especially for a new rider.

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
4,279 Posts
My wife did here training on one and found it boring as hell.
It may not be a super sport, but the rider is still the limiting factor on those bikes even in stock form. That includes most of the riders on here, let alone your wife. It may not accelerate like a 600, but it'll handle just fine. The SV650 is, IMO, a step better than the Gladius because of aforementioned reasons.

Reactions: springfall2008

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It may not be a super sport, but the rider is still the limiting factor on those bikes even in stock form. That includes most of the riders on here, let alone your wife. It may not accelerate like a 600, but it'll handle just fine. The SV650 is, IMO, a step better than the Gladius because of aforementioned reasons.
It certainly handles well, and still faster than most cars if you keep it nailed. I don't think you want a learning riding something "exciting"!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.