Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any stock 2001+ 600\'s want to run ? (Bay Area)

Hey everyone......I'm in the East Bay, CA.......ran into a kid on a newer 600 with a pipe and (non-technical term to the max) one of those half-moon shaped read seat covers. I was on 680-south the other day and had a good time playin around, didn't get left in the dust too bad......I'm stock, supercharged 410 hp, 3.55 gears, so I shouldn't be too much of a threat. Don't know much about bikes, but it'd be fun to run a fairly stock newer 600 with a decent rider.

·
Bearded Admin call him Grizzly
88,756 Posts
Re: Any stock 2001+ 600\'s want to run ? (Bay Area)

·
88,756 Posts

easy there, ace.

·
Registered
340 Posts

Hey everyone......I'm in the East Bay, CA.......ran into a kid on a newer 600 with a pipe on 680-south the other day and had a good time playin around, didn't get left in the dust too bad......I'm stock, supercharged 410 hp, 3.55 gears, so I shouldn't be too much of a threat. Don't know much about bikes, but it'd be fun to run a fairly stock newer 600 with a decent (read: NOT magazine) rider.
That's pretty lame to join the site to call out someone.
How bad did you lose from the kid on the 600?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Hey guys......I'm NOT calling out anyone......I thought it was pretty sweet to play around with the 600, and I want to do it again. I hung within a car of the 600 (from 80-135.....only place my car has a chance, I've taken a ferrari f360 modena spyder by 2-3 cars at that speed ), but there's alot of varibles, as in the rider and how hard he was pushing it, so who knows how I"ll do again. The rider was also enjoying, threw me a thumbs up and fist pump......nothing malicious.

·
Registered
340 Posts

600 with a good rider should pull you more than a car like he did. He must have just been playing around with you.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

no idea....He looked like he was in a hurry. I definitely don't have the balls to ride a bike 135+, so maybe he didn't feel like pushin it......we went at it an easy 3 or 4 runs, once I had to back off the throttel to avoid hitting him from behind at about 130.....everyone does say what you do, though.....so who knows. I really wish if someone's faster than me, they'd show it off....blow my doors off, then slow down next me and do it again. That'd pretty much make me cry......or cheer.

·
Registered
799 Posts

haha, hey buddy dont u realize this is the 04 gsxr section, go race one of the east bay rats

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Yeah, I know....I said 2001+.......I thought more people would notice here, seeing as there's 16 viewing here, and only one on the other 600 forum. I'd like to find that kid so we can go at it again sometime. Once again, just for fun.

I get around so I 've seen the east bay rats before, they're freaking sick.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts

I am calling BS I have right now a 2002 TLR bone stock. I ran a friend of mine that has a 1987 Buick Grand National. That is one of the fastest cars that I have ever driven. On street tires at 18psi and street gas he can run very consistant 11.8 with a 1.9 60ft. I ate him up on the TLR from a kick. Right now I am selling the bike, yes I am going from a 1000 to a 600 or 750. Why? The 600s are no fucking joke! I will tell you I know for a fact that there is no way that you could have kept up with him. Are you sure that you were racing a GSX-R or did it say Katana. I think you might have been racing a Katana. I can't stand people that want to race bikes in their cars. If you do not have ATLEAST 500whp you need not apply!!!! Besides a Cobra isn't a top end car. We had a Stang-LS1 shoot out here in Montgomery and the slowest Camaro there was mine. It spun to a 12.6 and there were Cobras there getting there ass handed to them by all motor LS1s with just heads and a cam. A Cobra looks nice but they aren't near fast enough to run with a bike top end! Even if you do have 411whp that won't be enough.

·
88,756 Posts

I am calling BS I have right now a 2002 TLR bone stock. I ran a friend of mine that has a 1987 Buick Grand National. That is one of the fastest cars that I have ever driven. On street tires at 18psi and street gas he can run very consistant 11.8 with a 1.9 60ft. I ate him up on the TLR from a kick. Right now I am selling the bike, yes I am going from a 1000 to a 600 or 750. Why? The 600s are no fucking joke! I will tell you I know for a fact that there is no way that you could have kept up with him. Are you sure that you were racing a GSX-R or did it say Katana. I think you might have been racing a Katana. I can't stand people that want to race bikes in their cars. If you do not have ATLEAST 500whp you need not apply!!!! Besides a Cobra isn't a top end car. We had a Stang-LS1 shoot out here in Montgomery and the slowest Camaro there was mine. It spun to a 12.6 and there were Cobras there getting there ass handed to them by all motor LS1s with just heads and a cam. A Cobra looks nice but they aren't near fast enough to run with a bike top end! Even if you do have 411whp that won't be enough.
take my 1k for example, with all the work I've done to it im putting down 175hp at the tire, with the weight of the bike with me on it a average 3800lb car would need around 1300hp to just match the power to weight ratio

·
Registered
1,333 Posts

If you really want to race just go to the drag strip and run a bike there. That is the perfect place and you have proof that you lost to a 600 or 750. If you are really brave pick on a 1000 or Busa. Just make sure that you get a good look at them, they won't be near you long!!!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts

You need to have your SHIT together to hold a candle to a bike. Maybe I am just a Chevy head but I HATE MUSTANGS and I really HATE Ford. They show up for work bolt a supercharger on something and then go play golf for the rest of the day. Atleast the 05 Z06 can run if not OUTRUN a Viper and guess what. It doesn't have to pay a gas guzziling tax. Perhaps Ford should look into a little thing called R and D. Good old fashion horsepower via motor tricks and no DAMN supercharger. Think about it every Ford with over 305 horsepower has a supercharger. PERIOD. I have a saying, "There are only two ways to make a Ford fast artifical atmosphere(n20 or boost) or bolt in a Chevy motor. That is it!!

·
Registered
374 Posts

You need to have your SHIT together to hold a candle to a bike. Maybe I am just a Chevy head but I HATE MUSTANGS and I really HATE Ford. They show up for work bolt a supercharger on something and then go play golf for the rest of the day. Atleast the 05 Z06 can run if not OUTRUN a Viper and guess what. It doesn't have to pay a gas guzziling tax. Perhaps Ford should look into a little thing called R and D. Good old fashion horsepower via motor tricks and no DAMN supercharger. Think about it every Ford with over 305 horsepower has a supercharger. PERIOD. I have a saying, "There are only two ways to make a Ford fast artifical atmosphere(n20 or boost) or bolt in a Chevy motor. That is it!!
Finally ! Someone who hates Ford as much as I do. Damn fake ass ram air on the Mustangs make me want to hurl chunks.

·
Registered
94 Posts

"no idea....He looked like he was in a hurry. I definitely don't have the balls to ride a bike 135+, so maybe he didn't feel like pushin it......we went at it an easy 3 or 4 runs, once I had to back off the throttel to avoid hitting him from behind at about 130.....everyone does say what you do, though.....so who knows. I really wish if someone's faster than me, they'd show it off....blow my doors off, then slow down next me and do it again. That'd pretty much make me cry......or cheer."

You don't have the balls to go 135+ on a bike? Do you really think the end result would be any different in a car if you wreck? At least the bike would likly only kill the rider. Your 3500 pound car would kill you and who knows how many others that might be in the worng place at the wrong time...

·
Registered
538 Posts

out in the open country roads here, when any "car" wants to mess around and race, i ALWAYS let em feel like they're hanging.....

that is right before i leave em standing still... up on one

oh yeah and btw, REAL RACERS TAKE TURNS

1 - 20 of 30 Posts