Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
aren't all the Sig AR variants; except the DMR, barreled with 7 twist barrels? then I would do what what ^ said.

ur 7 twist will handle whatever you throw at it.

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
I have a 556 and you can throw anything at it. I don't like the steel cased stuff, I only shoot brass. A lot of guys will argue for steel, but in the end it's a risk and hard on the chamber.

·
Premium Member
1,657 Posts
I have a 556 and you can throw anything at it. I don't like the steel cased stuff, I only shoot brass. A lot of guys will argue for steel, but in the end it's a risk and hard on the chamber.
Yeah the steel vs. brass debate is the 9mm vs. .45 of the AR world.

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
Yeah the steel vs. brass debate is the 9mm vs. .45 of the AR world.

I don't get in the 9mm vs. .45 thing because I have 9mm .357sig .40 .45 so I have most of them all covered :cheers

I've got 6 AR's and the 556. I have 2 piston AR's...love them all

·
Who Knows...Ask Who
1,714 Posts
Well with the 1/7 twist, it should love the heavier stuff. :dunno

Hey a few ???'s for you Sig 556 guys. I've been looking at the 556 SWAT for a little while and was wondering how the modularity on them are as far as swamping out barrels not just the uppers. Are they similar to the AR platforms in that regards? It looks like there is limited aftermarket for them just yet.

Thanks for the 411

·
Who Knows...Ask Who
1,714 Posts
I know you can change the stocks, but was just wondering the other customization options available. If I wanted to shorten the barrel and add a different break or fake can, but still be able to have a full length barrel when I wanted. Would hate to cut the barrel and find out you have to sent to a shop to replace it or something. AR's are simple to wrench and customize and I was wonder if the Sig had any of those luxuries as well for the $$$ you spend.

·
Fresher than 1000 virgins
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^not that I am aware of. On a side note, if you are active duty or law enforcement, you get a nice discount from Sig. Getting he STI-081 for nearly half the price. (red dot)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts