Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Ive changed over my factory rear sets to Bonamici racing, havent finished tinkering with positioning yet but wondered if there is a rule of thumb to say that the levers need to be equal height? Currently my gear lever is much lower than my rear brake lever but riding it feels fine too me?

Cheers for any input

· Registered
GSX-R750
441 Posts
I would say no they shouldn't be equal, at least not intentionally. Brake biting point is not analogous to using a shifter. Obviously the pedals both can't be too low, otherwise they could scrape easily in a turn or you couldn't get your foot under them, and they can't be too high so that you can't actuate the lever with your toe with your heel on the footpeg.

Just set them to approximately stock angles, and adjust to fit from there. I have a bad right ankle from a crash a few years back, so I lost range of motion in my right ankle, so I had to lower the brake pedal on all my bikes to accomodate my new range of motion, without impeding right turns on track. Just adjust them to you.

Just set them similar to factory, and you'll know if there are usability issues pretty quick. Depends also how your boots fit into the rearsets. If those rearsets are more race oriented too, they are probably a bit higher than factory, so you can lower the pedals a bit more if it suits you.

-Mike

1 - 2 of 2 Posts