Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried their stock 05 1000 against any other bikes
I raced a 04 R1 on a roll on and from the line, and I just blow him away both times. I jumped on him so bad on the roll on and from the line that I thought was not racing me.
I also launched against a ZX12 and the same results. I jumped on him by multiple bike lengths .
People seem afraid to run against me on my gixxer, I just want to see what she will do

Tell me how you did against the mighty R1 or other bikes in a race

·
Registered
9,968 Posts
I'll be racing (the real kind, with turning both left and right) in 7 days

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I took my bike in the twisties with other liter bikes, 05 Honda CBR1000, 04 Gixxer 1000s even there was some 600s there, and man this bike is awesome.

I am the first to admit I am not the best rider, but other than the 2 riders that knew the road well, I held my own, gained ground on the more experienced riders and surprised myself with how well this bike performed.

You have a lot to look forward to on the track.
Lets put it like this…. Everyday I start my bike and mount it in the morning, I am thinking I am the luckiest man on earth to own the best sportbike in the nation for the year 2005.
I can say I am a proud owner of a Suzuki.

·
Registered
9,968 Posts
The plan is to be there in SStock and SBK at the AMA event in July.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Has anyone tried their stock 05 1000 against any other bikes
I raced a 04 R1 on a roll on and from the line, and I just blow him away both times. I jumped on him so bad on the roll on and from the line that I thought was not racing me.
I also launched against a ZX12 and the same results. I jumped on him by multiple bike lengths .
People seem afraid to run against me on my gixxer, I just want to see what she will do

Tell me how you did against the mighty R1 or other bikes in a race
Thats really impressive. so far all ive heard on the 5k have been reports on how smooth and composed it was. Has anyone encountered a zx-10r on the highway yet?

·
Registered
919 Posts
dude you dont have to worry about zx-10s... i whooped on em with my 04 noooooo proooooooblem

·
Registered
587 Posts
scheduled for Infinion (sears point) on may 9-10, just trying to rack up the miles between rain storms. can't wait till it's broke in so i can crack it open, then to the track to see what it will do.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When I beat the ZX12 off the line, anything can happen in a full out race with that bike, the ZX12 is very fast.
But I guess my point is, with how quick the 1k is from the start, if this bike will continue to pull that same way through the power band then the 12 has problems on its hands.

Now saying that. on the highway when the rider on the ZX12 tried to pull away from me…… Nope could not do it. I was right there with him, and he admits to the new Gixxer being quick, and that no matter how hard he pushed he could not leave me,
I did not try to pass him because I was following him to a place,
But again I need a full out drag race stock for stock, I want to see what this bike can do.
I know in the curves it has no competition hands down. Moves like a 600cc and it has the speed of a liter bike come on!!!.

·
Registered
39 Posts
have a quick ? for u....how are you launching off the line and racing people without wheelieing like crazy, i want this bike really bad, just has so much power.....whats ur technique?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts