Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bro bought be a Suzu rear stand and it doens't fit quite right. It's a little wide. I thought it would fit my spools perfectly since its a Suzu stand. Someone suggested using another set of spools as spacers and finding longer screws. Kinda whack tho. I don't want to have these long ass spools sticking out of my swing arm. Is this pretty safe or will the screws bust while I have my rear tire off only to find my gixxer laying comfortably on its side!

·
Sexy Irish Man God
20,879 Posts
Get some swing arm slider spools.

Or get a Handy Stand or Pit-Bull

jontflesh

·
Sexy Irish Man God
20,879 Posts
Originally posted by gixxer333:
Cool thanks Flesh. I'll give those slider spools a try. Are they nylon like the frame sliders?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yup and they stick out a good amount too, just might be the ticket you need

jontflesh

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
i have the swing sliders with the suzuki stand, and after i little tweak of the stand, all is well

(notice them in the corner of this picture)

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have the swing sliders with the suzuki stand, and after i little tweak of the stand, all is well
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">which brand are yours? I've seen LP and Intuitive. I don't think I want to go with LP. I've heard to many bad stories about their products. I don't think I need that slider to crack on me.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh man... so I picked up a set of those intuitive swing arm sliders so I can use my rear stand...

ALMOST LAYED HER DOWN ON THE RIGHT SIDE!!! GOOD LORD!!

the stand was still a bit too wide. I lifted her slowly and noticed the right side was only resting on the edge of the slider. I was putting it back down slowly and the stand slipped out and my bike fell to the right side up against a pile of boxes in the garage. OMG!!!!! I'm so grateful those were there. She was tilted like 45 degrees leaning on the boxes.

...I'm hella lucky. WHEW!!! I "tweaked the stand" by pushing down on it while resting it on its side. Hope I didn't compromise the strength of the stand by bending it a little. F... well at least I have a stand that I can use now... damn. So much trouble just to put that bad boy up.

·
Registered
9,334 Posts
i have the Zuk rear stand and I like it much better than my friends PitBull - longer lever arm makes it easy to lift the bike by myself...

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
I have the suzuki stand and a pit bull. I had to 'adjust' the suzi stand a bit to fit my bike, but I like it better for light duty work like cleaning. But when I am working on my bike I use the bull because it is much more solid.

-Spooner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts