Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey what's up guys? I have been itching and waiting for a very long time for a new updated gsxr 750 to be released or some sort of news on when it will be released or IF it will be released. If there's nothing to come out then I'd like to move on get myself a Panigale 959 (I like middleweights). But if there's a new gsxr 750 coming out for sure I definitely dont mind waiting! SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME YOUVE HEARD SOMETHINGGGGGGG

·
16,989 Posts
Hey what's up guys? I have been itching and waiting for a very long time for a new updated gsxr 750 to be released or some sort of news on when it will be released or IF it will be released. If there's nothing to come out then I'd like to move on get myself a Panigale 959 (I like middleweights). But if there's a new gsxr 750 coming out for sure I definitely dont mind waiting! SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME YOUVE HEARD SOMETHINGGGGGGG
First post in 4 years??

Attachments

·
----------------
1,761 Posts
Last articles I read Suzuki was discontinuing the 750, haven't seen any updates since. If it's sticking around you can expect bold new graphics at the least!

It’s a shame u did not finance a 2019 or 2020 750 gsxr in 2015 you would of payed it off by now
Yeah but how would he have traveled to the future in order to get said bike? :scratch :lol

·
Hand-Eye Coordinator
6,509 Posts
I admit, I've been out of the loop WRT latest and greatest, but this is utter poppycock. lol

All of the manufacturers are bemoaning a drop in sales in their middleweights, but not one has tried to make a BETTER middleweight in 12 years (barring Triumph with the 675R, but that was still light in the electronics and heavy in the marketing wank).

Today's consumers like the gadgetry and electronics on bikes and maybe only offering a full electronics suite on 1Ks are what's holding the smaller ones back. Couple this with a push in the "naked" sector that come with better electronics than the race replicas, the end is near for the 600s and 750.

It's kind of a shame, really. Discontinuing 600s means a bigger jump between entry-level and "advanced"-level displacement. Sure, the new 250/300s are great intros to fast bikes, but going from a 250 to 1000 is gonna be hard. For racers, even worse. The 600 classes are better for "Blue Collar" racers who don't wanna spend 30 or 40k over MSRP (and that's light) to build a race bike like the 1k class guys.

Progress. Amirite?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
HAHAHAHAH I was honestly lmao reading the comments. A lot has happened since 2015. My gsxr 750 is gone, I wont get into what happened bc it's very depressing. It caught on fire. Then I was on a r1 and now I'm on a harley. But nothing felt quite as good as my 07 gsxr 750.. even without the abs or traction control or fancy dash, I loved the power, it was perfect. There was no wrong gear, I could go at any moment and I honestly can't stand 600s bc you have to have them revd so high to get it going and the 1ks are killer on insurance but also completely unnecessary imo. Something about being able to push a bike close its limits every ride is an amazing feeling. Yet at the same time, I was REALLY hoping for a BRAND NEW GSXR SEVEN FIDDAYYYYYAYAYYYAYAYYYY.

If I was going to the track on a regular I'd definitely get the new gsxr 1k r, 100%. But unfortunately I don't have the time. 750 was perfect for me in every way. I have yet to ride a bike so capable, I honestly hate the way the new 750s look. I think it's the ugliest bike in the market, just my dumb ass opinion so no offense to those with the bike lol.

But anyways, it sounds like the 750 is being killed off, i was hoping someone here would know anything about it so i can hold off on my next purchase. Dont get me wrong, the gsxr 1k r is still an option for me, I was hoping for a fresh look and updated electronics from Suzuki for a new 750. Worse comes to worst I'm choosing between the '18 gsxr 1k r or the panigale 1299 s. I know those are great bikes but it just seems like such a waste of power and electronics to not take those types of monsters to the track and go absolutely insane on them.

Hopefully someone comes with some good news, might sound crazy but I'd definitely rather go with a modernized 750 than the 2 bikes I mentioned.

·
Super Moderator
14,937 Posts
^ That was a good looking bike. The 750 class has been dead a long time. Suzuki held on for as long as they could for nostalgic reasons. Having owned the 600, 750, and 1000 I have to agree that the middle Gixxer is essentially the perfectly sized and balanced sportbike. I certainly miss mine.

·
Uses squid tentacles as a butt-plug
262 Posts
SO BUILD YOUR OWN :) New 600 frame newest 750 engine hahahaha. idk i like the older body styles much more than the newer K1-K5 are my personal favorite. The way I see it more electronics the more of a chance for electrical problems.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
10 Participants
750Squidiot
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing