Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Sirijus Indelxsjul Diskushuns Onley
5,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been getting into milsurp rifles over the last year and am waiting for my C&R license to arrive (hopefully in the next few weeks). Just wandering if anyone else in here enjoys shooting the older rifles? So far I've got a Swiss K-31 and a Carl Gustafs 1896.

·
Banned
2,003 Posts
I've been getting into milsurp rifles over the last year and am waiting for my C&R license to arrive (hopefully in the next few weeks). Just wandering if anyone else in here enjoys shooting the older rifles? So far I've got a Swiss K-31 and a Carl Gustafs 1896.
If you are in a NRA-affiliated club and have shot at least one sanctioned rifle match in the past year, you can get a M-1 Garand from the CMP, for way cheaper than market price.

They (The CMP) used to have some 03-A3s; Creedmoor Sports has those and some 03-A4s.

http://www.creedmoorsports.com/shop/home.php

·
5,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I plan on getting a Garand soon (through the CMP of course) but they're at the upper end of my price range for milsuprs. I'd also love to get an 03-A3 and a nice Lee Enfiled but they too are a bit pricey. I figured I'd load up on the surplus Mausers while they're still cheap (turkish, k98, etc). Thanks for the link though, I'd never seen that website.

·
Has been Texan longer than the cheerleader
26,425 Posts
I got my M1 Garand at CMP South last year, I love the thing. Even though it was just a Field grade Springfield (1953 Vintage) it is by far the most accurate rifle I've ever shot.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I have a Mosin Nagant (1943) and want a WW2 used M1, but they are hard to come by anymore, at least in my price range. Next on my list will probably be a Lee-Enfield or a K98.

·
5,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a Mosin Nagant (1943) and want a WW2 used M1, but they are hard to come by anymore, at least in my price range. Next on my list will probably be a Lee-Enfield or a K98.
Have you looked into getting one throught the CMP? They're the best deal you're going to find on one. Just shot the K-31 this past weekend. If you've never shot one before, you need to. One of the sweetest shooting milsurps you'll come across.

·
Banned
2,003 Posts
Have you looked into getting one throught the CMP? They're the best deal you're going to find on one. Just shot the K-31 this past weekend. If you've never shot one before, you need to. One of the sweetest shooting milsurps you'll come across.
Mausers are a decent buy, too...http://mauser.org/

·
5,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bought a Ministery of Defense 91/30 from AIM last week that should arrive Tuesday and just ordered a K98 this evening. This C&R might be the enemy of my bank account. :lol

·
Registered
290 Posts
Got a 1936 Mosin Nagant w/ Hex receiver. Gun is in excellent condition, fitted a monte carlo stock and blued the bolt out so it's pretty much all black. I hate wooden stocks.
Trying to get it to shoot accurately.. so will be glass bedding it one day.
Would love an M1 Garand.. but not willing to shell out $$ for it.
That Tokarev pistol seems like a good gun too, 200$ pistol that shoots the 7.62x25 (Atleast I think that's correct.)
Supposed to go through pistol body armor too, cheap ammo, flat shooting, supposed to be pretty accurate.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts