Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
www.powercommader.com says the quick shift kit is in "development", but when I e-mailed them they stated:

"The quickshifter function is integrated into the ignition module (it cuts ignition, instead of fuel.) The ignition module for this bike has already been released."

Anyone using this setup for their race bikes? Looking for some additional info from actual users before commiting to the decision.

Thanks.

·
Registered
9,968 Posts
there is no ignition module yet released to the public, let alone integrated quickshifter for the k5 as of yet.

M4/Emgo has one on their bikes but its a custom jobby they made themselves. At Daytona, the PC's weren't even avail yet so they used TWO PC-USBs from the 600 and hooked one to each set of injectors.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Adam, are you sure on this one? The site does show it is available with the part# 6-10.

http://www.powercommander.com/buynowbike.shtml

I know I have seen a couple of posts in the GSXR 1000 forum of some folks using it. Just wanted to be sure on it.

This is how my e-mail to Dynojet went:

"Just wondering how development for the quick shift kit for the 2005 GSXR 1000 is coming along?"
---------------------------------------------------------------
"The quickshifter function is integrated into the ignition module (it cuts ignition, instead of fuel.) The ignition module for this bike has already been released."

Thanks,

Manny Hauswirth
Technical and Race Support
Dynojet Research
www.dynojet.com
800-992-4993
---------------------------------------------------------
"Excellent! Thanks for the info. Is there a part# for the 2005 GSXR 1000."
---------------------------------------------------------
"Yes, it is 6-10.

Thanks,

Manny Hauswirth
Technical and Race Support
Dynojet Research
www.dynojet.com
800-992-4993

·
Registered
9,968 Posts
good luck ordering one, let alone getting a date for an actual release

·
Registered
290 Posts
So you need the PC3USB, the ignition module, and the quickshifter sensor? Damn, that's around $750 worth of goodies. The Translogic piece (same hardware sensor) is less than $500 with the intellishift function. You may want to look at those.

Let us know what you learn to be the best deal. I would like to pick one up as well.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There were 5 Ignition modules available in Wisconsin (distributor) for the k5 1000 part# 6-10. I ordered through Parts411.com, $300.07 plus shipping (and tax for me) Just thought I would let you folks know. Ask for Paul if you go through Parts411.com.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I picked up the Bazzaz Performance QS-4 quickshifter at the Laguna show for $399. Comes with a full wiring harness that plugs directly into the K5 injectors and ignition. It cuts ingnition, not fuel (a good thing), and supposedly does not upset the FI light.

I also looked at the Translogic QS-2, which is very nice with the Intellishift function (brings the cylinders back online 2 at a time) but that's nearly $600 with the GP in-line shift sensor. The Dynojet piece is close to $900 once you add in the ignition module, GP sensor, and rod.

I couldn't see paying big bucks for something that simply cuts the ignition for a split second and facilitates a relatively brainless procedure (ie. blipping the throttle for a clutchless upshift). I'll give the BPD item a shot and see how it works. If worse comes to worse, it goes on Ebay and I end up picking up the Translogic.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did you see any other goodies for the K5 at Laguna? Let me know how you like the Bazzaz shift set-up. They are about 20 mins from me and have a lot of other expensive items for the K5.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts