Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Here's one of mine. New shed is underway and then I can get organised again. This one is an 85f model with a g model pipe. Motor runs well and has that classic early Gsxr exhaust note.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Here's another. This one has fairly fresh suspension, 17 inch rgv250 wheels and discs, and I've dropped the 86 limited single seat on it too. It's wedged between my '79 gs1000sn, and '80 gsx1100 that I finished a couple of years ago. :smile:
Some of the finished early oilers on here are inspirational, great work guys !!!

Attachments

·
Registered
455 Posts
I'm amazed everytime I see your workshop Hans. How on earth do you keep track of all those parts hidden within those plastic tubs? :biggrin

·
Premium Member
4,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I have a small reflection, is the lower housing made of plastic or glass fiber??
Are you referring to the belly pan on the 1985 bikes? They should be glass fibre or "fibreglass" on the ones with OEM fairings. I've seen a number of 1985 GSXR's fitted with 1986/87 fairings after crashing because the original ones can be hard to find.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I mean this one. I had the 86 fairings in fiberglass and the 1100 fuel tank on my -85 when a bought it. Now all is plastic exept those lower ones and the fuel tank of course.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Yes, that would definitely be a fibreglass belly pan piece. They're still pretty hard to come by but they appear on EBay from time to time.

Your bike looks pretty great painted back to the factory colours.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Thanks, I´ve been working pretty hard to copy the original paintwork, I have done it by looking at other older photos of other -85`s.
We have a motorcycel scrapyard here where I live, they have fairings to the-85, even the fiberglass belly pan piece, so it wasen`t so hard to find.

·
Premium Member
4,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Wow! We've got nothing like that over here.

Someone needs to collect all of that and keep them safe for those of us who are restoring these old beasts. Do they have any good uppers, windshields and gas tanks? That's a nice little collection of belly pans.

·
Registered
91 Posts
No windshield, one topp fairing (it´s a piece missin) the fairins over the bally pan (byt they need to be repainted) no fuel tank and the fairing under the saddel. Then they have fairing`s to newer one aswell.

·
Premium Member
4,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
I'd pick up that top fairing and make it a project to repair it. Those things are rare. The one I found for my bike came from Sweden too.

·
Premium Member
4,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Well, I took a tally and it looks like we have quite a few and I know there's more:

@awasson - 1
@hd53 - Several
@ozboy - 2
@rawdonflyer - 2
@oilcooled hoarder - 2
@oldude - 1
@CBT - 3
@lez1971 - 1
@Testie - 1
@mg4201 - 1
@Sacs - 1
@suzukipojken86 - 1
@2_Dogs - 5
@solo 2 - 1
@Down South - 1
@Stuart Sumsion - 1
@rte38 - 1
@Tonemaster - 1
@Karitane Pete - 2
@jaffa565 - 1
There's 29 in the list that I could count + all of the ones Hans has tucked away and on the race track. Who would have guessed :dunno

·
Registered
91 Posts
41 - 60 of 62 Posts
About this Discussion
61 Replies
23 Participants
mg4201
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing