Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,344 Posts
2_dogs, if I can read/see the plates clearly enough, you have # 7 and 30 of the first production run in that lot. The first batch of bikes went to the Canadian market except for one which was "diverted" to Mick Hone Suzuki in Australia for Rob Phillis to ride in a Production race in Adelaide; the "Advertiser 3 Hour" endurance race for standard road bikes which it duly won.

sprinta.jpg

The only new GSXR750 that made it to Oz with the side reflectors and big indicators (as far as I know).

Oz

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
I have my 20K original black/red and I've seen 2 for sale in Alberta this year, not nice or complete though.

·
Premium Member
4,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Well these 4 85s are not street worthy, the fifth 85 is just a pile of parts and a frame lol. I have a load of parts to go with these.... BTW I knew of 14 total 85s for sale including these ones in the last 8 years, of that 3 were streetable, in Canada - but I do not look too hard beyond Quebec/Ontario. I know there is a pair of 85s for sale in Quebec, one partially restored, one parts, selling as a pair.
____
Wow, it looks like you've got your hands full with these ones.... At least it looks like you've got lots to work with.

Out west we don't seem to have the same amount of old ones. There were three basket cases I considered picking up in the past 10 years. Otherwise, I just haven't seen any out here.

There's a guy out there (Ontario) who's got a huge lot of parts for these old bikes. He used to be out this way (lived in Coquitlam, BC). His name slips my mind at the moment. I never met him in person but I talked to him on the phone a few times. When I figure out what his name is, I'll pass it on to you.

EDIT: His name is Connolly. I may have the spelling wrong. I know one of his buddies out here so I'll see if he's still around and still in the oil cooled GSXR world.

·
Premium Member
1,344 Posts
And it also has the cut out in the rear engine mounting plate like the prototype, so definitely let Hans know about it. This one doesn't have the funky mirrors, indicators or central brake/clutch fluid reservoir, but nether did the bike they used in the 'Circuit Paul Ricard' advertising flyer which was pretty much production except for the frame.

Oz

·
Premium Member
4,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Unbelievable... I didn't think any of those existed beyond the factory. Wow! Thanks for sharing that one. I sent a message to Hans. He'll be pretty excited to see that there is one in the wild.

·
Premium Member
4,242 Posts
Yesterday I already got the message trough Facebook, see if I can get a hold of this one ... I'm pleased that there is one around, there must be more. I'm curious what the framenumber will be and if the first engine is still in the frame ... so
Thanks for not forgetting me ...

·
Premium Member
4,242 Posts
On this side of the globe ... the bike are more and more used for racing on tracks.

picture is from 1987 USA, but this is what I have in mind for a track nearby

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yesterday I already got the message trough Facebook, see if I can get a hold of this one ... I'm pleased that there is one around, there must be more. I'm curious what the framenumber will be and if the first engine is still in the frame ... so
Thanks for not forgetting me ...
The engine number is R705-100280, I`am not sure on the three last numbers, the fram no. is GR75A-100019

21 - 40 of 62 Posts
About this Discussion
61 Replies
23 Participants
mg4201
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing