Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are a few pretty nice 1985 GSXR's showing up in the forums these days and I wonder how many there are that survived and are road worthy.

Hans (HD53) has cornered the European market and has maybe 1000 of them squirrelled away.

Mike (@ozboy) has at least two really nice ones.

Rod (@rawdonflyer) has a couple but only one is streetworthy.

I've got one.

I wonder if we can get a tally?

·
Registered
10 Posts
g'day all - another aussie contribution here.

I have 3 of them. Two 85 F models and 1 late 85 G model. They are a mixed bag in terms of quality.
One is road registered. One was painted with a brush by the previous owner, one has RGV 250 wheels and brakes, one has the 86RR single seat.

They are awesome bikes. they are currently tucked in the corner of the garage waiting for the a new bigger shed to be finished.

Proper restoring and freshening up will commence early in the new year. :)

regards Chris

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
another aussie and another 85 750. Mine is a blue/white with just under 60k kms. currently undergoing a full tear down clean up. A snapped rear lh rear engine mount prompted it but it will get back on the road soonish...been saying that for a while now haha
Cheers Les

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have an 85 F model. there is one other at a cycle place in Hamilton. There is one other first generation (85-87) that I see on the road from time to time. Mine has an aftermarket (wolf) exhaust, that it came with. it is other wise stock.

·
Premium Member
4,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, we aught to get some photos up... Doesn't matter to me if it's completely OEM or highly modded to me as long as it's survived all these years.

I'll start, here's mine. I'll add Rod's (rawdonflyer), if I can find a good shot of it.

@LawBrkrRcn suggested we list any mods to the bikes, so here goes

Mods on my bike (at the moment)
  • USD front end (1993 GSXR750)
  • 17" powdercoated black rims (1993 GSXR750)
  • Pirelli Super Corsa Dragons
  • Ohlins rear shock
  • Hayabusa brake and clutch master cylinders
  • Hayabusa rear brake calliper
  • 93 GSXR 750 Nissin front brake callipers
  • Steel braided brake lines
  • Adjustable levers
  • Lockhart Philips tinted "speed screen"
  • clipon mirrors
  • +5 degree ignition advancer
  • Dyna Green coils + Crane wires + K&N plug caps
  • OEM VM29mm carbs + K&N Filtercharger
  • Barnett clutch & springs
I think that covers it. I'm planning some things this winter so I may be back to edit this list.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
All your guys bikes are nice looking. I think you guys should add what upgrades you have done to them. Here's a pictures of one I saw at Luguna Seca WSBK last year. I have also seen this same bike around town down here in So Cal. Have yet to meet the owner and have know idea if he's a member.
[/URL][/IMG]

·
The other OG
6,334 Posts
g'day all - another aussie contribution here.

I have 3 of them. Two 85 F models and 1 late 85 G model. They are a mixed bag in terms of quality.
One is road registered. One was painted with a brush by the previous owner, one has RGV 250 wheels and brakes, one has the 86RR single seat.

They are awesome bikes. they are currently tucked in the corner of the garage waiting for the a new bigger shed to be finished.

Proper restoring and freshening up will commence early in the new year. :)

regards Chris
Hey Cris, welcome to the site :cheers
good to see your collection, got any pics?

Ken

·
The other OG
6,334 Posts
nice lookin Ozboy
I went to look at one close by, sold on ebay for $1,500
sent to Melbourne

·
Premium Member
4,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
nice lookin Ozboy
I went to look at one close by, sold on ebay for $1,500
sent to Melbourne
Yeah, Oz's bikes are something to behold. They inspire me to take a little extra care with mine.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Same curiosity here..how many survived wwide?! I have one, a mate has two, and i know other 4 owners of nice stock bikes here in italy. I'll try to get some pics

Ozboy, beatiful couple there

·
Registered
91 Posts
I can uploade a pictures of the bike so you can see how it looked when I bought it ten years ago. The hole bike was painted red, then I repainted it silver and later (I dont know if its the same year but) I repainted again in a copper color and sold it.
Now I have bought back the bike and repanted it in the original paint.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Well these 4 85s are not street worthy, the fifth 85 is just a pile of parts and a frame lol. I have a load of parts to go with these.... BTW I knew of 14 total 85s for sale including these ones in the last 8 years, of that 3 were streetable, in Canada - but I do not look too hard beyond Quebec/Ontario. I know there is a pair of 85s for sale in Quebec, one partially restored, one parts, selling as a pair.

____

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
About this Discussion
61 Replies
23 Participants
mg4201
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing