Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
EDIT: MORE PICS FURTHER DOWN THE THREAD I bought this bike as a non-runner with some kind of electrical fault. With ignition switched on, the entire dash flashes with a rhythm that seems to correspond to the immobiliser light.

I have been going over the harness and found this plug. There is clearly a jumper in place to bypass or replace something as per picture. Should there be another jumper in place across the other 2 terminals perhaps? If not, what is the purpose of this jumpering in any event?

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Gas Auto part

·
Premium Member
6,283 Posts
that's not the dealer mode is it, my guess is considering there is only 2 wires going to the connector nothing will happen if you jump the other side?

it sure looks like a dealer plug connector just in an odd spot? they use a 4 wire connector but only use 2 spots so maybe someone drug it down there for easy access however it's the wrong gender for a dealer plug, thats male end the dealer plug is female? usually has a lil grey cap plugged in it as well so that's odd if it is... unplug that jumper see what happens, do a good..

is it down by the tip over sensor region? try to locate the tip over sensor see if someone dint try to bypass it? possible someone was in it, determined it was the bypass, jumped it but didn't realize it needs a resistor inline as well, maybe they just decided not to go any further at that point thinking they tried everything and nothing worked?

wouldn't be the first time, hale I've almost done it a few times, definitely let projects sit a while for that reason, I'm too hard headed to let something go cuz I couldn't figure out what's wrong with it tho, and that's not an asset, its more of a headache..

do you have a service manual? check the wiring harness in the manual and check for 2 wire connectors and rule em out one by one.. definitely pull that jumper see what happens, note everything see if anything changes when you do it, FI light, codes everything, maybe locate that dealer plug and see if ti spits codes as it sits, that may be a clue right there?

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
9,826 Posts
There's six connectors in your pic. Are you talking about the black connector? How many positions does it have, what are the colors of the leads to it, and which ones are jumpered? Is that heat shrink on a jumper? There's a white connector to the right and down from center that seems to be unconnected. Does it have three leads and what are their colors? I think I see Y/R and B/W but can't make out the third.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Many thanks for the replies. Some more pictures … a clearer view of the jumper, which yes, does appear to be a piece of wire, possibly with mini spade terminals each end, covered in heatshrink

Hand Finger Thumb Nail Gas

The jumper has been applied across two wires, orange with white stripe, and white with black stripe as per this photo:

Automotive tire Finger Gas Coil Auto part

The unjumpered wires I'm gonna say are black with brown stripe and white with green stripe

Automotive tire Tread Motor vehicle Hood Gas

The plug is in a group of plugs forward of the shock absorber assembly top mount, and rearward of the fuel injection assembly.

Any thoughts?

I'm starting to wonder if a fault in the tip-over sensor would make the dashboard flash like this

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
14,595 Posts
Best I can tell from the wiring diagram, that's the O2 Sensor connector.

Pull the jumper off. Does the behavior continue? Honestly, it looks like a bad/dead battery situation. Power comes on, fuel pump kicks on and the system voltage drops to nothing, so everything shuts off. Then voltage bounces back enough to light the cluster and the cycle repeats.

·
Premium Member
6,283 Posts
looked like a male connector in the first pic clearly it's a female no fakkin idea why I thought it was a 2 wire? derp

4 wire rules all that out eh? :)

welp find your service manual and search out those color wires in a 4 grouping connector, i'd need a key to read wire colors anymore, sheesh..

is the 02 sensor connected? tipover? doesn't look like it's able to move very far at all so something real close to that area? air box?

find every single sensor and see if its connected, all emissions, tipover, sniffer, all that, has to be something.. its that proximity that's odd, is that connector coming off that large harness there with maybe a few inches of lead?

wondering if a pigtail doesn't plug into that and then it connects somewhere a lot further away? what components utilize a pigtail lead? way over my pay grade thats for sure... :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts