Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need the special tool, part # 09940-14990. it's used to remove both the rear upper and lower engine mounting bolts. My local suzuki dealers want $150 for one!!! i've heard that the owner of gixxer.com is Canadian and sells similar tools??? if so, let me know where to send the payment and i'll pay you!! local shipping as well as i'm a canuck

Thanks.

Derek

·
Here is your "R"
6,926 Posts
You dont need any special tools to remove a motor, those special looking nuts are for the mounting tensioner. Take off all the mounting bolts first, and if the motor doesnt come down grab a flat head and a hammer and tap them back.

·
Registered
118 Posts
You dont need any special tools to remove a motor, those special looking nuts are for the mounting tensioner. Take off all the mounting bolts first, and if the motor doesnt come down grab a flat head and a hammer and tap them back.
Yep

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yea to take off the lock nut you dont need the special socket, you can just use a hammer and a flat head screw driver as mentioned before. BUT, when you put the motor back on, you will need the socket IF you want to torque spec the nut per the manual. I took a 22mm socket and cut it to fit the nut. Good luck.

·
Here is your "R"
6,926 Posts
Manual shamamel ive ripped out and put in a few gixxer motors, trust me you dont need any special tools. Loosen it and if it doesnt drop then break the adjuster loose but make sure you take off all the mount bolts.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok i removed the lower long ass bolt. The upper one is giving me a HELL of a time. Even with my 1/2" electric impact gun it doesn't budge. I'm just slowly rounding off the edge of the nut because of the constant hamering from the impact gun. Now what??

·
Registered
100 Posts
the reason they have the special munting nut is the width of the 600, 750 ,and 1000 motor bottom mounts are different. but esue the same basic frame. i have a 600 frame and swapped a 1000 motor into and had to turn the nut a couple times. kowa sells the best set and youll get 5 pieces that can basically take apart your whole bike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.