Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wanted to know if there was any other tracks in the north east area that are good for riding. i usually just go the englishtown or lime rock park but I'm just curious if there are any other tracks that people have gone to and would recommend.

Ps. im willing to travel so if u have tracks that you would like to recommend feel free to join in thanks in advance :punk:cheers

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
NJMP
Pocono
NHMS
Summit Point
VIR

·
Chubby Chaser
57,820 Posts
i usually just go the englishtown or lime rock park but I'm just curious if there are any other tracks that people have gone to and would recommend.

I don't believe either Limerock nor Englishtown have motorcycle trackdays. Both of their road courses are not fit for motorcycle use due to lack of proper runoff. Not quite sure how you usually go to either of them, unless by going to them you meant for spectating purposes?

In any event Anthony's list above is a good place to start. I'd also add New York Safety Track in Davenport NY

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
I don't believe either Limerock nor Englishtown have motorcycle trackdays. Both of their road courses are not fit for motorcycle use due to lack of proper runoff. Not quite sure how you usually go to either of them, unless by going to them you meant for spectating purposes?

In any event Anthony's list above is a good place to start. I'd also add New York Safety Track in Davenport NY
Maybe drag strip at E-Town and car track days at Limerock?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok ok let me be more specific e town i race during honda days and at lime rock i just go to watch now I'm looking for a track to actually race the bike on

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
Check out Team Pro-Motion. They offer track days all over the east coast, and offer a great beginner program called A.R.T. Basic, it will help you with your introduction to track riding.

·
Papa Johns Diaper Service...
2,835 Posts
Ant D and the Chubby Chaser hit the nail on the head. I am gonna
assume that you are from the big LI. NJMP, NYST & Pocono are about
3 hrs or less from LI, depending where you live. TPM and Absolute offer
a very good beginner program. It's mandatory that you take the beginner
class regardless of experience. The class teaches you how to ride on the track.
WE all have taken it. Many of the guys on here are coaches or racers or crashers( just kidding lol)! You have come to the right place! Riding the track
is an eye opening experience and very addictive for sure.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Thompson CT just opened up last summer and Palmer Ma maybe opening up a track for bikes this summer. Google them.

I just googled it, as i'm in MA.
Theres a Palmer Motorsports in Ware Ma?

Never heard of Ware,but little over 2hours from me.
Nice!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts