Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have an opportunity to pick up a VZ-58 for $650 bucks. Looking them up online says they are a very good rifle but wanted to know if anyone here had hands on experience with one? Looks similar to an AK but apparently that is where the similarities end. Comes with 4 30 rd mags and 1 10 rd mag, bayonet and sling, and about 1000 rounds.
Here is a pic:

·
GDC's only parttime ninja
1,027 Posts
if you wanna mod one check troy industries i think they have pretty sweet looking stuff for the vz

·
GDC's only parttime ninja
1,027 Posts
heres a video fast forward toward the end but this guy knows his stuff so stick around and watch the whole thing

·
Premium Member
1,657 Posts
I would buy that if I had extra cash lying around. Just make sure the barrel is good and theres nothing really to worry about. If nothing else you could easily flip it for profit.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Took it out yesterday and it's a pretty decent rifle. The one I bought was a century VZ-2008, but don't let the CIA scare you, they were the original importers of the rifle a while ago. Everything works excellent on the rifle, the mag goes in like butter, the metal trigger has a great feel and it is fairly accurate. I would highly recommend picking one up if you get the chance, they're not an AK so they're not going to be on the radar for the AWB in the near future.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
7.62x39. The folding stock is fine for now, don't know exactly how it was before because he wrapped a sling around the metal bar. He did a pretty good job at it too so I would feel bad taking it off just to try it without. I may eventually get a original fixed stock for it because the metal hurts and is uncomfortable after awhile of shooting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts