Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out checking my knee puck placement yesterday and I saw an RF900 going the other way. It occurred to me that I might not have to find an 1100 or blandit 1200 motor if there was a chance the 900 could work. Anybody know anything about it? I don't know if it is oil or H20 cooled even. Is it something that can be bumped up to a healthy horsepower?

·
Registered
17,099 Posts
it's basically a downsized liquid cooled 1100 motor with a downdraft cylinder head.....i'd guess it would be a major bitch to get into the older twin cradle frames because of the head.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> blandit 1200 motor<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I expect to put up with this "blandit" shit from the flakes on labusas but not on a Suzuki site.

Too bad you're so far away; it would be fun to demonstrate just how "bland" my B12 is to your 750

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have a seat in the freezer and chill a minute. In fact I've got a friend that has a B12 with a repainted fairing and it has "BLANDIT" airbrushed on mockingly. And with something around 150hp his reason is the styling from Suzuki. By associating with him I just got in the habit of using that term. If I cannot get the motor alone for my project I'm happily prepared to buy a new naked bandit and put my accumulated parts on it. I'd even get the plate my buddy has but Wisconsin restricts us to 6 letters/numbers. So if I pissed you off I'm sorry your skin is thinner than I expected.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
lol You musta missed the smile at the end of the post... not pissed at all.

Mine's also putting 150+ onto the back wheel; not a bike for the thin-skinned- or the faint of heart ; )

1 - 5 of 5 Posts