Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my comparison of my sold 04 ZX10R with 8300 miles road use only and my
05 GSXR 1000 with 600 miles. I have about 8 years of riding experience with little track days.
ZX10R.....I had the bike for about 1year and it was in the shop for 3 months first the clutch went out then I had the wheel recall and finallly a tooth on my sixth gear broke off and screwed up half my transmission. But besides that I really loved the bike the tank was a perfect fit better than anything I've ever had. The bike felt like it always was willing and eager to dive in to any corners, its top end was unbelievable it felt like it always wanted to rip your arms off. The low range felt like it just didnt want to be there very sluggish and did it ever burn up tires.
GSXR 1000.....I had the bike for about 2 weeks now and its great the low range is very strong it just wants to get up and go from the start to the end. Its nice and small with every thing to like. It dives into turn and gives great feed back just begging to be pushed harder. The wind screen gives much better protection.
This is my 4th GSXR and my last Kawi. I would of kept the ZX10R if it didnt break down so much in just a year, it was a great riding bike I loved everything about that part of it. I'm just glad that I back home with my reliable GSXR I've never had any real problems with my past GSXR.
PS My wife wants me to tell everyone that the rear seat is much more comforting on the GSXR than the ZX10R. She said the ZX10R rear fairing just kept poking her at the ankles and was just uncomfortable.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Thanks, sorry to hear about you bad luck with the Kawi, at least you're back in good arms now.

That is the FIRST PASSENGER write-up i've ever seen, but definately good/useful info! Thanks ESCO750's wife!

·
Registered
35 Posts
PS My wife wants me to tell everyone that the rear seat is much more comforting on the GSXR than the ZX10R. She said the ZX10R rear fairing just kept poking her at the ankles and was just uncomfortable.
ZX10's and GsxR1k's have rear seats?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts